The Road to a World Record - World's Longest Uninterrupted Livestream

piemadd
6 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

130 hours? That's it? Are there any rules against sleeping? I would just start streaming on twitch and never turn it off.

I believe there has to be someone on camera doing something the entire time. 

9 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Why?

Thanks fam for backing me up

9 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

Why? I think its a cool idea

Thanks fam for backing me up

i like trains 🙂

9 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

130 hours? That's it? Are there any rules against sleeping? I would just start streaming on twitch and never turn it off.

The day shift would wake up at 7am, take the controls of the stream at 9am, and finish streaming at 9pm. They then have 2 hours to hang out before a bedtime of 11pm. That is a time schedule all of us can handle. The pm shift is the same, just switch each am with pm and vice versa. 

i like trains 🙂

3 hours ago, brenan999 said:

I believe there has to be someone on camera doing something the entire time. 

We would be taking shifts ^^^^^^^^^

i like trains 🙂

9 minutes ago, cakevreter2000 said:

don't take this lightly! get a docter or something to help you. this is really unhealthy 

Not trying to ignore you, but one of the kid's moms is a nurse that we can ask. Also, we are going to be taking shifts.

i like trains 🙂

5 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

fam

"Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA"

Something isn't right here...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

"Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA"

Something isn't right here...

wut?

i like trains 🙂

Just now, Implosivetech said:

wut?

You used "fam" and you're from Murica...that's what a chavvy Englando person would say...(and I'm not stereotyping at all, it's a true fact...from the eyes of Scots)

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

You used "fam" and you're from Murica...that's what a chavvy Englando person would say...(and I'm not stereotyping at all, it's a true fact...from the eyes of Scots)

kk its a thing that you tell people if they are ur friends (in merica)

i like trains 🙂

12 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

kk its a thing that you tell people if they are ur friends (in merica)

Da, I know considering that I have Englando friends... ;) (but it did originate from England I'm pretty sure...therefore stop copying us /s)

I don't think it's worth doing this guys, honestly.

It's a low hanging fruit. It can be beaten by anyone or any team of people with enough interest. It's nothing really that special.

My home connection is stable enough, my computer is usually running 24/7 for weeks, I could try to do such a long stream... i just can't be bothered with such a silly record. 

A TV station which streams their channel online could also easily apply for this, they already do it 24/7 .. see for example http://live.antena3.ro/ , a 24/7 news channel from my country (they may block access from outside the country within some hours where they broadcast TV shows for which they didn't buy international rights)

There's loads of streams out there like "watching paint dry" or "watch a nest of eagles" going on 24/7, or stuff like nasa tv where they stream pictures from iss 24/7 .. they probably didn't bother to apply for Guiness World of Records to beat a record.

55 minutes ago, mariushm said:

I don't think it's worth doing this guys, honestly.

It's a low hanging fruit. It can be beaten by anyone or any team of people with enough interest. It's nothing really that special.

My home connection is stable enough, my computer is usually running 24/7 for weeks, I could try to do such a long stream... i just can't be bothered with such a silly record. 

A TV station which streams their channel online could also easily apply for this, they already do it 24/7 .. see for example http://live.antena3.ro/ , a 24/7 news channel from my country (they may block access from outside the country within some hours where they broadcast TV shows for which they didn't buy international rights)

There's loads of streams out there like "watching paint dry" or "watch a nest of eagles" going on 24/7, or stuff like nasa tv where they stream pictures from iss 24/7 .. they probably didn't bother to apply for Guiness World of Records to beat a record.

They need to be registered with guinness world records. Also, there are rules against that. No television network would want to wait 3 months for the paperwork to go through.

i like trains 🙂

• 5 weeks later...

What type of software will you being using to live stream/switch threw the screens if have multiple people playing. Will their be live graphics? I will be interested in helping out but I would need a heads up notice so I can schedule time off from my work.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:56 PM, Implosivetech said:

snippity

Humans can not stay up past 3 or 4 days, or maybe its 8 days without any sleep.

Several other normal research subjects have remained awake for eight to 10 days in carefully monitored experiments.

On the other hand, all of them showed progressive and significant deficits in concentration, motivation, perception and other higher mental processes as the duration of sleep deprivation increased

The question becomes need for concentration like that snake game, where as just staying awake and picking your nose is meaningless.

10 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Humans can not stay up past 3 or 4 days, or maybe its 8 days without any sleep.

The question becomes need for concentration like that snake game, where as just staying awake and picking your nose is meaningless.

We would take shifts. 11 group during the day, 1 during the night. This has to happen in 2019 because of age

i like trains 🙂

On 2016-11-05 at 0:12 AM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well I'm 16 (but in the UK) so I'm happy to help :)

Timezone differences may actually help you know...while you guys sleep, I'm awake during the day and while I sleep, it's day for you guys :P 

hey im in Sweden, you in the UK, we can be the "night team" LOL

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

hey im in Sweden, you in the UK, we can be the "night team" LOL

Anybody not there would only be modding the chat and playing. People have to physically be together to get it. :( we would still feature u though :) 

i like trains 🙂

Anybody not there would only be modding the chat and playing. People have to physically be together to get it. :( we would still feature u though :) 

well crap, and im broke as shit currently lol, well i would love to be featured but my internet is a bit crappy currently so i may not be able to be much more then a voice tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

37 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well crap, and im broke as shit currently lol, well i would love to be featured but my internet is a bit crappy currently so i may not be able to be much more then a voice tbh

If spirit airlines flew to the U.K., it would probably cost you $100 round trip. :P bad quality seats tho

i like trains 🙂

If spirit airlines flew to the U.K., it would probably cost you $100 round trip. :P bad quality seats tho

Ryan air is the colsest we have in Sweden, and thats still like $200 and then id have to travel across the US probably lol

Builds:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ryan air is the colsest we have in Sweden, and thats still like $200 and then id have to travel across the US probably lol

U would go through the busiest airport in the world. I wouldn't be surprised if u were to get lost in it

i like trains 🙂

1 hour ago, Implosivetech said:

Well need a mod or someone to play with then me iz here :) 

3 hours ago, Implosivetech said:

We would take shifts. 11 group during the day, 1 during the night. This has to happen in 2019 because of age

That defeats the purpose and is meaningless.

World Records are feats of human endurance, not "We would take shifts"

18 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

That defeats the purpose and is meaningless.

World Records are feats of human endurance, not "We would take shifts"

The past 1 took shifts. It isn't against the rules. Somebody can't stay awake for 7 days straight.

i like trains 🙂