Asus P9X79 pro USB ISSUES

I've been having issues with my X79 system with the rear USB ports NOT WORKING(maybe 2 banks of them working)  and now none are working and my mouse doesn't work and neither does my keyboard :/ i know for sure it's the motherboard as it was working earlier  I've tried clear cmos and that,  it's really annoying is there a reason for this happening and will a PCIe USB add in card fix my woe? 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Would seem like a driver issue... Tried re installing mobo/chipset drivers? If you are unlucky the I/O hub is bad. Where you installing stuff or was WIndows auto install stuff when you noticed it?

The PCIe card could be a option to give you USB, but it's a bad sign for the state of the mobo if the I/O ports are indeed bad.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

56 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Would seem like a driver issue... Tried re installing mobo/chipset drivers? If you are unlucky the I/O hub is bad. Where you installing stuff or was WIndows auto install stuff when you noticed it?

The PCIe card could be a option to give you USB, but it's a bad sign for the state of the mobo if the I/O ports are indeed bad.

i cannot remember but i think turning it off then turning the psu off seemsd to resolve it, it had all the drivers on (the guy i bought it from installed all the up to date drivers) then i 'factory reset windows 10' maybe that caused the issues?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Windows update does install some drivers for hardware and since all is going automatic you might not notice it until it happens. Could be it updated the related drivers, and doing that can cause the issues you described. Glad it is solved then.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 hour ago, Gonio said:

Windows update does install some drivers for hardware and since all is going automatic you might not notice it until it happens. Could be it updated the related drivers, and doing that can cause the issues you described. Glad it is solved then.

ill just have to remember to power of my pc and turn the psu off na dback on which fixes it