Card for my ASUS MG279Q Gaming Monitor

edhusky
Go to solution Solved by Matias_Chambers,
3 minutes ago, edhusky said:

The thing about FPS dumb question. Lets say if I play a single player game is it good to hit 144fps?

For first person shooters like CS:GO, Overwatch, Battlefield 4, Warface etc. 144 fps is nice. You don't really need 144 fps for non competitive single-player games. Everything is much smoother at 144 Hz though.

Hello I bought ASUS MG279Q Gaming Monitor a 1440p 144hz screen, My R9 390 is kind of meh... as in some games don't hit good fps and I want to max everything out. I would like to know what card should I get I live in Sweden and prices here are crazy. I can afford a GTX 1080 but I want to hear your recommendation. I would like to get the most experience out of this epic monitor. Yes I know its a free sync screen however I don't use free sync. It's just that I don't want to dump a lot of money and be disappointing. 

If you are just trying to hit 60 fps, a 1070 will be great. If you are trying to run games at 144 fps then you will need a 1080 or a Titan XP.

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

If you are just trying to hit 60 fps, a 1070 will be great. If you are trying to run games at 144 fps then you will need a 1080 or a Titan XP.

The thing about FPS dumb question. Lets say if I play a single player game is it good to hit 144fps?

3 minutes ago, edhusky said:

For first person shooters like CS:GO, Overwatch, Battlefield 4, Warface etc. 144 fps is nice. You don't really need 144 fps for non competitive single-player games. Everything is much smoother at 144 Hz though.

Just now, Matias_Chambers said:

For first person shooters like CS:GO, Overwatch, Battlefield 4, Warface etc. 144 fps is nice. You don't really need 144 fps for non competitive single-player games. Everything is much smoother at 144 Hz.

Thank you!