Looking for earbuds

waggythegeek

So i have a friend who has strange desires(in terms of sound :P) and would like a pair of 20 USD, rose gold-colored earbuds, made of some sort of metal and preferably some sort of gems in/on them. Now I, being someone who never buys earbuds, let alone weird trash like this (XD) have no clue where to start. These are obviously mostly fashion oriented, so with what little budget that's left over, can somebody show me the best sound quality that exists within these constraints?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

let me share my experience:

i bought a sennheiser ie8 a few years ago, which is arguably amongst the top earbuds. (sorry didnt mean to brag)

it comes with i think 10 different pairs of earbud tips, varying in shape size and material.

after checking all of it, i found the best of them,  but i felt like i was scammed.

it sounded good but not that good.

im sure you know this little trick, when pushing the earbuds gently into your ears, you suddenly get this awesome bass performance boost and everything generally sounds better.

so i knew the earphones actually sounded better, it was the matter of channeling it right.

so after some research i found out, that companys who are dealing with hearing aids technology, are usually capable of creating you a custom eartip.

there are home made solutions, but having a professional do it is a lot more reassuring.

they put a two component silicon in your ear and after is set, they remove it, and in the lab your earbud connection is also perfectly copied.

they create a channel in the tip, straight from the speakers to your ears.

now this sounds a bit too dangerous but listen to this.

because the tip is shaped like your ear canal, it fits perfectly, effectively canceling out nearly all of the outside noise.

this allows you to listen to music with lower volumes and because the sound goes straight to your ears, you can further reduce volumes.

it gave my earphones the best update ever, i always hear headblowing bass, finally i understood why so many people praised the ie8.

tldr;

regardless of the price range of an earbud, channeling the sound is essential. standard eartips might not suit you, so getting custom made ones will likely increase the user experience

14 hours ago, Levi Strauss said:

-le intrigueing snip-

Okay, not at all what i asked, but regardless, i'm intrigued :P what companies would do this for me? how much would it cost? And will they work on any standard pair of ear buds?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

i bought a sennheiser ie8 a few years ago, which is arguably amongst the top earbuds. (sorry didnt mean to brag)

They're not even close to being top quality earbuds. They just aren't... Also, you totally did mean to brag, or you would have left that whole sentence out :P

it comes with i think 10 different pairs of earbud tips, varying in shape size and material.

after checking all of it, i found the best of them,  but i felt like i was scammed.

it sounded good but not that good.

im sure you know this little trick, when pushing the earbuds gently into your ears, you suddenly get this awesome bass performance boost and everything generally sounds better.

so i knew the earphones actually sounded better, it was the matter of channeling it right.

so after some research i found out, that companys who are dealing with hearing aids technology, are usually capable of creating you a custom eartip.

there are home made solutions, but having a professional do it is a lot more reassuring.

they put a two component silicon in your ear and after is set, they remove it, and in the lab your earbud connection is also perfectly copied.

they create a channel in the tip, straight from the speakers to your ears.

now this sounds a bit too dangerous but listen to this.

because the tip is shaped like your ear canal, it fits perfectly, effectively canceling out nearly all of the outside noise.

this allows you to listen to music with lower volumes and because the sound goes straight to your ears, you can further reduce volumes.

it gave my earphones the best update ever, i always hear headblowing bass, finally i understood why so many people praised the ie8.

tldr;

regardless of the price range of an earbud, channeling the sound is essential. standard eartips might not suit you, so getting custom made ones will likely increase the user experience

So, how on earth is this relevant, in any way, to someone that has a $20 budget? Also, it would be way better to just get a fully custom pair of in ears, rather than putting a new tip on some universals. Also, spinfit tips would accomplish pretty much exactly the same thing, but they're still universal...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)