Very loud fans

jeremymwilson

Ok, so I have 5 case fans: 2 120mm in the front sucking air in, 2 140mm at the top chucking air out and 1 120mm at the back also chucking air out. Plus the CPU fan (cryorig c5). The fans are all Corsair. 

The fans are very loud all the time. I've tried adjusting them in the bios - set them to silent and also manually but it's not made any difference. I haven't tried the auto configure in the bios yet though. I've installed Speedfan but the fan control configuration is bloody complicated. 

The temps in the PC are all fine - GPU and CPU in the 30s. 

The pics show info from the bios. All the fans are currently set to manual. I've shown the cpu fan and the first case fan, the other case fans are all set the same. 

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

Love not hate

have you tried cleaning the fans and checked that there are no cable's against them? that could cause the problem

39 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

have you tried cleaning the fans and checked that there are no cable's against them? that could cause the problem

Checked and they're all clean and the cables are out of the way

Love not hate

17 minutes ago, jeremymwilson said:

Checked and they're all clean and the cables are out of the way

And forgot to mention, it's a new build (1 week old) and the fans have been noisy since I first turned it on

Love not hate

do you have an old pc so you can test if the fans are also loud on that system with the fans in your new system?

8 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

do you have an old pc so you can test if the fans are also loud on that system with the fans in your new system?

Unfortunately not, it's the only PC I have. I'm going to test each fan on its own later but I'm pretty sure all of them are running as fast and loud as each other. 

Love not hate

if you have tested them one by one and they are still running loud, you should probably try other fans. i have 5 Be quiet fans (2 for cpu and 3 in my case) and it runs almost silent, so maybe you can try those

39 minutes ago, Minibeau said:

if you have tested them one by one and they are still running loud, you should probably try other fans. i have 5 Be quiet fans (2 for cpu and 3 in my case) and it runs almost silent, so maybe you can try those

The corsair fans I have are the Air Quiet versions. Maybe the cryorig CPU cooler is the problem...

Love not hate

Just now, jeremymwilson said:

The corsair fans I have are the Air Quiet versions. Maybe the cryorig CPU cooler is the problem...

if i were you i would test it to make sure and if it's the cpu cooler use another fan or cooler for it

Lots of things you can do here.

First off, you don't need 5 fans running at idle. Let the computer turn off the excess fans. I leave one intake fan on, my CPU fan on, and turn the rest of them off at idle. That way I can maintain a positive pressure inside the case and not worry about dust. Once anything gets warm (aka I'm gaming) all the fans kick on. This is the most important thing.

The option is right to the right of where your pictures above end. It's a little checkbox. I think it's called "Auto Stop"

Second, buy higher quality fans. Low quality fans suck.

Thirdly, buy PWM fans. They can reach much slower speeds due to how they are controlled. 

Fourthly, figure out which fan(s) are the loudest. Turn all of them off but one, then ramp it all the way up and down. For me it was the rear top exhaust fan which was the loudest, so I make that one turn on LAST. The rest of the time it's powered down.

56 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Lots of things you can do here.

First off, you don't need 5 fans running at idle. Let the computer turn off the excess fans. I leave one intake fan on, my CPU fan on, and turn the rest of them off at idle. That way I can maintain a positive pressure inside the case and not worry about dust. Once anything gets warm (aka I'm gaming) all the fans kick on. This is the most important thing.

The option is right to the right of where your pictures above end. It's a little checkbox. I think it's called "Auto Stop"

Second, buy higher quality fans. Low quality fans suck.

Thirdly, buy PWM fans. They can reach much slower speeds due to how they are controlled. 

Fourthly, figure out which fan(s) are the loudest. Turn all of them off but one, then ramp it all the way up and down. For me it was the rear top exhaust fan which was the loudest, so I make that one turn on LAST. The rest of the time it's powered down.

Thanks mate, will test all this later

Love not hate