[URGENT] Copy OS from 1TB HDD to 500GB HDD with clonezilla?

iamdarkyoshi
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,

Told clonezilla to ignore HDD sizes and to go from disk to disk.

Worked.

14779664457711574280189.jpg

I've cloned both partitons from the 1TB HDD to the 500gb hdd, (shrinking the 1TB partition to 400gb first) but the cloned disk won't boot, it sits there blinking the cursor. And like EVERY OTHER TIME I'VE USED IT, windows 10 install media's repair option doesn't do anything.

This technique worked before in windows 7, how do I get this damn win10 HDD cloned to a new smaller disk?

Did you remember the "stupid trick" to check the Shutdown after completion option?  I've had this bite me many times when trying to move to an SSD using TODO

Yeah, tries using Win 10 repair disc, its totally useless...  "Please insert repair disc"

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

If it were me and you were capable I'd look into what you could do with Windows AIK image builder. I use that to do exactly what you are asking for at work and it is much smoother than Clone Zilla. But if you are using Clone Zilla for a particular reason and need it, I have no idea how to fix that! ;)

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

29 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I've cloned both partitons from the 1TB HDD to the 500gb hdd, (shrinking the 1TB partition to 400gb first) but the cloned disk won't boot, it sits there blinking the cursor. And like EVERY OTHER TIME I'VE USED IT, windows 10 install media's repair option doesn't do anything.

This technique worked before in windows 7, how do I get this damn win10 HDD cloned to a new smaller disk?

You could try booting GParted, and marking the partition as bootable. That might help.

I've never had much issue with Clonezilla, it's pretty much worked flawlessly for me every time.

Is the 1TB drive still bootable?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)