Former EA CEO Claims $60 for a Game is “a Giant FU”

Torand

Article:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/10/23/former-ea-ceo-claims-60-for-a-game-is-a-giant-fu/

Personally, I feel he is doing this for one of three reasons;

- Get some good PR. He may not feel that way, but he wants positive attention.

- He's out of the buisness now, he may be bitter and is saying out of spite.

- He genuinely feels that the industry needs to lower prices.

I mean, I'm going to end up paying near £70-80 for BF4, the game and premium (because it works out cheaper and I know I will play it.) Which still seems a little pricey to me. Yes, I know, I could not buy it and blah blah blah. I know I will play it, I'm just grudgingly playing the price.

And I seriously hope he doesn't mean 'Drop the price and make up for it in micro transactions.'

tumblr_miqnhiIJ2h1s33gn0o1_250.gif

And I seriously hope he doesn't mean 'Drop the price and make up for it in micro transactions.'

Yes thats what I think he means. You cant have free to play without micro transactions. Especialy with these  blockbuster titles like COD or BF4

basically, do you wnt to take it like a man and front $60, or do you want to be slowly bled to death and probably pay far more before the title is retired. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Yes thats what I think he means. You cant have free to play without micro transactions. Especialy with these  blockbuster titles like COD or BF4 

He's still infected with the EA virus, can you expect any less from him? 

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

Article:

I mean, I'm going to end up paying near £70-80 for BF4, the game and premium (because it works out cheaper and I know I will play it.) Which still seems a little pricey to me. Yes, I know, I could not buy it and blah blah blah. I know I will play it, I'm just grudgingly playing the price.

Have you buy the game? BF4+premium only cost £64.99 on this http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/

Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker  Mobo: Z77 sabertooth. CPU: 3770k @ 4.6ghz Ram: 16gbs corsair vengence GPU: EVGA gtx 680 Cooler: H100 PS: Corsair hx850 SSDs: 2x120gbs corsair and 1x250gbs Samsung 840, Sound card: Asus xonar essence stx, Speaker/headphone:Corsair Sp2500 and Sennheiser hd800

Mouse: Logitech G700s Keyboard: Logitech G710+

Monitor: BenQ XL2420T

EA's future titles are all free with micro transactions.

Dunno when they're starting with that.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Wait what!? EA's former CEO is complaining about high game prices, got to say I'm expecting micro transactions in EA games now since otherwise this sounds too good to be true.

'$60 games are Unacceptable! but $59.99 games are fair play' - EA

e1001598cb5fa7e451b3011d578b4376.jpeg

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well I would agree on this topic but I'm not a console person. Let's go Nintendo $39.99 a game. It's reasonable

Well, you're not getting content like consoles from Nintendo consoles. (debatable)

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

EA's future titles are all free with micro transactions.

Dunno when they're starting with that.

To everyone about the micro transaction thing, it *sort of* has begun with CoD BO2, since the camos/flags/ are gonna cost you a few bucks, and I'm guessing it's gonna be like this in the future. Hell, maybe BF Premium won't offer all the stuff along with it.

basically, do you wnt to take it like a man and front $60, or do you want to be slowly bled to death and probably pay far more before the title is retired. 

The future of EA games.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6570151424/h5B1CEA32/

I don't buy games outside of steam sales or some other sale event most the time.

There are some exceptions of games which I am really exited for, but those are few and far between.

But max for a game around $30-40, If I really want it, otherwise under $10.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Well I would agree on this topic but I'm not a console person. Let's go Nintendo $39.99 a game. It's reasonable

not for a nintendo game