Audio issues after updating to Windows 10

Nrojbrot

Today i updated my Dell xps 13 and did a clean install of Windows 10. After the install i can't get the audio to work, i apparently dont have any audio devices anymore. I've tried uninstalling the old drivers and installing the newest realtek high definition audio drivers and nothing happened. Hence I'm not quite sure what i can do to fix this.

Any help is greatly apprechiated :)

Have you tried Dell's website for the drivers?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-13-l321x/drivers

This link is for a specific XPS 13 and probably not your exact model. Use the 'Detect Drivers' button to get the correct ones. :)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Yeah I've tried that, and it didnt help :/

Thanks anyway! :)

You said you reinstalled your Realtek HD Audio drivers, can you take a screenshot of your Device Manager as it looks right now? Also, do you know what the service tag for your Dell is? Would help narrow down exactly what hardware configuration we're looking at. You should be able to find that on the underside of the laptop, or in setup when you first boot up.

I'm sure you've already got this file, but grab the latest Realtek driver from Dell first, but don't do anything with it yet. Then:

• Right-click on both the Intel Smart Sound-teknologi and Realtek HW Audio Codec entries in Device Manager, then click Uninstall.
    • Check the box to delete the driver software for both.
  • To prevent Windows Update shenanigans, disconnect the internet connection
  • Restart the PC
  • Install the Realtek driver package from Dell, and restart if it asks you to.
    • Make sure the Intel Smart Sound-teknologi entry is no longer present in Device Manager (or has been replaced with a standard audio device).

Hopefully you now have sound, but if not, when you double-click on Realtek HW Audio Codec, what does it say the issue is in the Device Status box? You could also try repeating these steps with Windows 8 compatibility mode enabled for the driver installer. Alternatively, you could download generic driver software straight from Realtek.