Gigabyte Gtx 1070 G1 GAMING Micron memory

A.T

Hi i  have heard that if your gtx 1070 got micron instead of samsung memory its bad some how i haven't seen any dips in fps compared to others or any graphical errors

Micron.gif

22 minutes ago, A.T said:

Hi i  have heard that if your gtx 1070 got micron instead of samsung memory its bad some how i haven't seen any dips in fps compared to others or any graphical errors

The general rule of thumb is that if it works then leave it at that. 

If you're happy with the card and how it performs then don't update the BIOS on it. 

The real change is when you overclock the memory, Micron doesn't clock as well as Samsung and is slower if the same clock was to be attained. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

34 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Yeah that's right. Gigabyte will release a VBIOS Update very soon.

Gpu bios updates are pretty risky unless you have a dual bios card, with a single bios if you brick it it is extremely hard to recover.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

If manufacturer recommends it, then it is under warranty. If the card willbe during the update useless, he will get a new gpu with samsung memory. 

It can only be better for him

34 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

If you're happy with the card and how it performs then don't update the BIOS on it. 

The real change is when you overclock the memory, Micron doesn't clock as well as Samsung and is slower if the same clock was to be attained. 

well i got better results then others with samsung memory meybe because of never drivers but i mean i got no problems waht so ever

1 hour ago, SmashinMachine said:

Yeah that's right. Gigabyte will release a VBIOS Update very soon.

11 minutes ago, A.T said:

well i got better results then others with samsung memory meybe because of never drivers but i mean i got no problems waht so ever

21 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

If manufacturer recommends it, then it is under warranty. If the card willbe during the update useless, he will get a new gpu with samsung memory. 

It can only be better for him

25 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Gpu bios updates are pretty risky unless you have a dual bios card, with a single bios if you brick it it is extremely hard to recover.

47 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

well this is total bullshit overclocked memory to +650  and the card + 200 soooooooooooooooo

4 minutes ago, A.T said:

well this is total bullshit overclocked memory to +650  and the card + 200 soooooooooooooooo

I never oc the memory. o.O

25 minutes ago, A.T said:

12 minutes ago, A.T said:

Micron is generally inferior to Samsung memory based cards. clock for clock, Samsung is faster. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

22 minutes ago, A.T said:

Well overclocking is never a guarantee, the cards are only rated for their stock clocks, and anything over is a bonus, and memory clocks really won't help much in terms of performance mainly just cause more instability.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

14 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Micron is generally inferior to Samsung memory based cards. clock for clock, Samsung is faster. 

14 hours ago, SLAYR said:

Well overclocking is never a guarantee, the cards are only rated for their stock clocks, and anything over is a bonus, and memory clocks really won't help much in terms of performance mainly just cause more instability.

well next day and cant even start games rip but i can overcklock the gpu