Need more USB ports on my laptop?

DarthVader1022

Can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to add more USB ports on my laptop,I am in need of at least 2 more USB ports so I can plug in 2 of my small 2 TB External Hard drives. I need one of the drives so I can do whole PC backups on and the other drive would be just for storage for pictures and videos on..

USB Hub

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Buy a USB Hub.

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

3 minutes ago, DarthVader1022 said:

Can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to add more USB ports on my laptop,I am in need of at least 2 more USB ports so I can plug in 2 of my small 2 TB External Hard drives. I need one of the drives so I can do whole PC backups on and the other drive would be just for storage for pictures and videos on..

A USB hub, here is one...

Cheap, free shipping and USB 3.0

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817659002

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

1 hour ago, DarthVader1022 said:

What kind of laptop is it? A hub will work, but if it has an expresscard slot then you could add actual USB ports to the laptop without needing an external hub. 

How old is the laptop?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

2 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

What kind of laptop is it? A hub will work, but if it has an expresscard slot then you could add actual USB ports to the laptop without needing an external hub. 

How old is the laptop?

I will have to get back to you later tomorrow on this,I do know it is a ASUS with a Core i7 in it that came with Windows 8.1 which I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home..

Just now, DarthVader1022 said:

I will have to get back to you later tomorrow on this,I do know it is a ASUS with a Core i7 in it with Windows 10 Home..

Alright, it probably doesn't have ExpressCard then, but it might too. Please tell me the model number when you can. :)

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

Just now, Xanthe_2871 said:

Alright, it probably doesn't have ExpressCard then, but it might too. Please tell me the model number when you can. :)

Yeah it is getting pretty late here now in New York  so need to get some sleep soon,what is the best way to tell the model of it?

10 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Ok this is what my laptop looks like and the model..

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Q500A-BHI7T05-Notebook-i7-3632QM-DVD-RW/dp/B00AU8KQ5G%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAI3LFOHAMWIH4KLJQ%26tag%3Dbesdea03d1-20%26linkCode%3Dsp1%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB00AU8KQ5G

Just now, DarthVader1022 said:

Ahh, well unfortunately that model does not have an ExpressCard slot. That's ok, there's nothing wrong with a USB hub aside from the added bulk. :)