Alleged NVIDIA Maxwell Architectural Specfications Unveiled

Kirihuna

http://wccftech.com/alleged-nvidia-maxwell-architectural-specifications-unveiled-project-denver-maxwell-refresh/

I looked through search and Google search here and didn't find it.

This article talks about the GM100 (880?) chip, GM104, GM 106, GM 108 and a NVIDIA Denver with Maxwell refresh

The NVIDIA Maxwell GM100 chip would consist of 8 GPCs consisting of 24 SMX modules (3 SMX Per GPC), 384 TMUs, 6144 Cuda Cores, 8 MB of L3 Cache (8 L2 cache’s per GPC), 64 ROPs, a 512-bit interface followed by a VRAM upto 8 GB GDDR5 operation at around 6 GHz. The GM100 is supposed to replace the high-performance GK110 chip so its going to end up in both GeForce parts and Tesla parts. It will probably show up in the Tesla parts first before shipping to consumers.

Clock frequencies would be maintained at different levels for each product tier as listed below:

• GeForce GM100: 930 MHz Core / 1 GHz Boost
  • Tesla GM100: 850 MHz (2.61 TFlops DP

Take it as you will. This is from a pastebin, could be right could be wrong.

Also, a replacement for the Keplar 104 chip

The NVIDIA GM104 would replace the current GK104 chip which we have come to know and love since the arrival of the GeForce GTX 680.

This chip would feature 5 GPCs with 15 SMX units featuring 3840 Cuda Cores, 240 TMUs, 40 ROPs with a 320-bit interface coming out with 3 GB VRAM (possibly 2.5 GB as done with Fermi) clocked at around 7 GHz for the memory and 1 GHz for the core.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

CUDA cores for everybody! Make it rain!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

That's a big upgrade from previous. I'm impressed they would implement 7GHZ stock memory clocks. However, does this mean some cards will go to 8 Ghz? What will this mean against AMD?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

That's a big upgrade from previous. I'm impressed they would implement 7GHZ stock memory clocks. However, does this mean some cards will go to 8 Ghz? What will this mean against AMD?

Wait, 7ghz memory.

A new meaning to Chocolate RAM.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Wait, 7ghz memory.

A new meaning to Chocolate RAM.

CHOCODIABEETUSRAM

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

3840 and 6140 Cuda Cores the GTXTITAN has 2688 :D :D :D :D 
I hope its true, because it would speed up my render time by 4-5x in comparison to my GTX670.

EDIT: The GTX770 has 7Ghz Vram

RTX2070OC 

An SMX unit has 192 CUDA cores, 24 x 192 = 4608.  The article said 24 SMX  units and 6144 cores.  The basic math doesn't even add up here, so I'm not putting much stock in this rumor...

Earlier in the article they say that each SMX will feature 256 cuda cores. And 24 x 256 = 6144.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Earlier in the article they say that each SMX will feature 256 cuda cores. And 24 x 256 = 6144.

I'd expect NVIDIA to change the name when they change what it is, as they did last time (SM to SMX) but I guess they could keep it the same if they wanted.

Even if that were true, the die size would be 50% larger than GK110, and that's assuming it's shrinking from 28nm to the TSMC 20nm process.  I do not think NVIDIA would be foolish enough to design that.  The yields would practically be non-existent.

(EDIT: I also remember this same website alleging that the AMD Hawaii cards would have 4096 cores on a 20nm process... http://wccftech.com/rumoramd-volcanic-islands-20nm-hawaii-gpu-architecture-leaked-512bit-memory-4096-stream-processors/ and that they were working on a 75W 6GHz 12-core Phenom IV http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/)

I'd expect NVIDIA to change the name when they change what it is, as they did last time (SM to SMX) but I guess they could keep it the same if they wanted.

Even if that were true, the die size would be 50% larger than GK110, and that's assuming it's shrinking from 28nm to the TSMC 20nm process.  I do not think NVIDIA would be foolish enough to design that.  The yields would practically be non-existent.

Isnt Maxwell supposed to come out in Q1 2014? TSMC won't be starting 20nm process manufacturing until then, with an expected shipment date for the first products on that process node until Q3

Isnt Maxwell supposed to come out in Q1 2014? TSMC won't be starting 20nm process manufacturing until then, with an expected shipment date for the first products on that process node until Q3

If that's the case and it's still on 28nm, it would be more than double the size of GK110, which would be sheer stupidity...

I will believe 8gbs and being 512bit when I see it if it is only a replacement for GK110

i dont think it will be that great. not even sure if it will be moving to the 20nm process, maybe they will wait for AMD to make the move to 20nm and gddr6 with next years cards and in q1 2015 bring the pain? 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

They haven't even released a fully unlocked GK110 though right (for consumers)? This is probably the GPU following that if anything. If this IS the case, then I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least 2015 and even then only the Titan/780/780Ti equivalent.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

They haven't even released a fully unlocked GK110 though right (for consumers)? This is probably the GPU following that if anything. If this IS the case, then I wouldn't expect to see anything until at least 2015 and even then only the Titan/780/780Ti equivalent.

yeah they will probably only make the 880 be maxwell and bring gk110 down to the  860/870  , heres hoping AMD do a full line of 20nm chips next year and blow nvidia away.. it will force nvidias hand with the 900 series

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

yeah they will probably only make the 880 be maxwell and bring gk110 down to the  860/870  , heres hoping AMD do a full line of 20nm chips next year and blow nvidia away.. it will force nvidias hand with the 900 series

860 with gk110? that seems a little unlikely. But if it is then I know what I am getting Q1 14

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

sure, why not, i didnt say it would be a 780 performance or it would be cheap.. who knows with nvidia

Already posted:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63217-maxwell-possibly-detailed/

same source

seriously though, this was 2+weeks ago.

and I love how when I posted it 2 weeks ago, people were flaming me for the pastebin source and saying that they're not interested atm.

Lookee here, the situation's different!