AMD VS Intel (Please help)

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

6Gig of course :P

Isn't it better than the 480? I think it is

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Isn't it better than the 480? I think it is

It is, but not in DX12... Under DX11 though, it is as good as a GTX 980...(and sometimes better)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

It is, but not in DX12... Under DX11 though, it is as good as a GTX 980...(and sometimes better)

Oh, ok

Just now, FlushaDev said:

Oh, ok

In DX12 the RX 480 is better by 5-10fps (or worse than the 1060 in some games)... But I only play star wars battlefront and battlefield, so the 1060 was the obvious choice for me... :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

20 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

is better by 5-10fps

Which means what?

What is the median fps?

Does it really improve that much lets say 5, goes to 10.....ok good. 20, goes to 27 maybe. 35 goes to 41 I doubt it matters!!!!!!

in terms of CPU, intel and amd are basicly equal in terms of "brand".

any person that tells you one brand is better than the other "overall" is dead wrong. it basicly comes down to the individual chips, the features they have, and the features you need.

6 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

So the benchmarks make them even?

the benchmarks are what differs them, not the branding on the can ;)

Intel makes better CPU as of right now. AMD, however, make much better budget CPUs (X4 845, 880k are both great for budget builds as the quad core aspect of them actually allows them to play games). In terms of AMD versus Nvidia, it really depends on the budget and use. If the user is going to be mainly playing Vulkan/Doom titles, an AMD card would be better because of hardware level Async compute support. If the user is going to be mainly playing any other type of game, an Nvidia card would be better. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

Which means what?

In some DX12 games the RX 480 has 5-10 fps higher than the GTX 1060 6GB

7 hours ago, FlushaDev said:

You can't really call it a war the way I'm thinking of it, just want to know WHERE AMD is better and where is Intel better.

Not really a war, kind of a research

This is the internet, populated by fanboys from both sides. Simply titling the thread AMD vs Intel is enough to attract all the shit posters.

If he's happy with his AMD rig, then let him be happy about it. Instead you're creating a post to gather information so you can make him feel disappointed in a pc that he's happy with.

My question to you is why? Why do this? What will this accomplish?

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

the benchmarks are what differs them, not the branding on the can ;)

So then how are they equal?

Is there even an AMD equivelant to Xeons or 6th gen i7 K sereies

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

So then how are they equal?

Is there even an AMD equivelant to Xeons or 6th gen i7 K sereies

is there an intel equivalent to the FX8350?

the brands are not different it's their products that are, and no matter how many examples you'll end up giving me, just one product cycle can completely swing around any "this brand is better than that brand" statements.

I hope Zen works out for you. But I will stick with Intel for now, and if Zen gets rave reviews then who doesnt like cheap with great performance.

I just hate spending more money on cooling a chip to get equal intel results.

for CPU:

lower clock speed (say oced amd @5GHz vs non oc intel), lower core count, lower power consumption (hence lower heat), ALL 3 combined but still better single core AND multi core performance. Thats why intel cpu is better.

for GPU:

AMD is not as bad as their CPU but still for same performance AMD cost more power and generates more heat. Another point that is only partially AMD to blame is the adoption rate: a lot of software, algorithm, library uses CUDA cores by NVIDIA which makes NVIDIA's performance even ahead.

ZEN looks like a big improvement from AMD's own cpu lineup but might not be comparable with skylake lines. So that put ZEN 2ish generations behind still. AMD is catching up, and we hope they keep this going. No one want monopoly.

AMtelidia ftw

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

4 hours ago, incarnate said:

This is the internet, populated by fanboys from both sides. Simply titling the thread AMD vs Intel is enough to attract all the shit posters.

If he's happy with his AMD rig, then let him be happy about it. Instead you're creating a post to gather information so you can make him feel disappointed in a pc that he's happy with.

My question to you is why? Why do this? What will this accomplish?

To clear something out, I never hated people with AMD parts and never will. I just titled the post using a shit title.

I have used AMD parts before and they weren't bad, as I've said above, I'm only researching where is Intel/AMD better at

11 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Well, it's stupid, but for me I like Intel because of the robot man on the box.

Or you could put it this way

Blue or Red

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Or you could put it this way

Blue or Red

Green

Hey folks,

Please note that as per the Community Standards, we'd prefer not to have these sorts of general "X vs. Y" threads. They just lead to flamewars too frequently (yeah, I know, such a surprise!). However, since people are actually behaving nicely around here so far, I'm going to keep this one open. It will be locked if things go sideways though. Thanks. :)

Threads which ask specific questions about specific products are fine though, just FYI ("Which of these CPUs/GPUs/hickymadoodads would be more well-suited for task dothethingies?", that sort of thing).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

1 minute ago, alpenwasser said:

Hey folks,

Please note that as per the Community Standards, we'd prefer not to have these sorts of general "X vs. Y" threads. They just lead to flamewars too frequently (yeah, I know, such a surprise!). However, since people are actually behaving nicely around here so far, I'm going to keep this one open. It will be locked if things go sideways though. Thanks. :)

Threads which ask specific questions about specific products are fine though, just FYI ("Which of these CPUs/GPUs/hickymadoodads would be more well-suited for task dothethingies?", that sort of thing).

Ayyyyy, see, not a war <3