DIY desk legs

xDanielxOossiex

Hey guys! I just got 2 desk(table) tops, but without any legs. What is a nice (and sturdy) way of making custom legs for them? 

They are both 160cm x 80cm and I want to have them in an L-shape. Also I want them to be seperate, so when friends come over they can sit next to me.

Btw, recommended desk height for me is 78-80cm.

If you need more info, just ask for it.

Hope anyone can help me!

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just go to a hardware store and buy a nice 4x4 (dont know what the metric equivlent is) that matches the length you need and then paint/stain it to what you want it to look like and then i wood use wood glue and (if possible) countersunk screws from the top

18 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

countersunk screws from the top

Or use some L brackets/corner braces :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

13 minutes ago, potatoproduction said:

Just go to a hardware store and buy a nice 4x4 (dont know what the metric equivlent is) that matches the length you need and then paint/stain it to what you want it to look like and then i wood use wood glue and (if possible) countersunk screws from the top

My father owned a woodworking shop for years and I can tell you that is not the way to put legs on a table or desk... it will work but is not the best way. Never put any screws down through the top, always screw up from the bottom making sure your screws are shorter then the thickness of the top so they down come thru. That way you have a totally smooth spotless top. You will also want some kind of brace or angle brackets the bigger the better... or the legs will most likely come loose over time.

Bij de gemiddelde Praxis/Gamma/Formido/Karwei hebben ze wel losse tafelpoten. Kan je er gewoon aan vast schroeven. Lekker simpel, lekker makkelijk.

Als je een beetje handig bent, kan je eventueel ook naar de lokale ijzerhandel gaan, om daar wat staal te kopen. Dan las je gewoon iets inelkaar.

35 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

Hey guys! I just got 2 desk(table) tops, but without any legs. What is a nice (and sturdy) way of making custom legs for them? 

They are both 160cm x 80cm and I want to have them in an L-shape. Also I want them to be seperate, so when friends come over they can sit next to me.

Btw, recommended desk height for me is 78-80cm.

If you need more info, just ask for it.

Hope anyone can help me!

You can buy table legs from Ikea. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Some wood and L-brackets or go to nearest IKEA and buy set of them. IKEA legs use screws and collar and are pretty nice looking too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv