Google to give parents more control with supervised user accounts in Chrome

Youbetternot

More power to parents if you have a supervised user account, which I think none of use have. But hey if you have children more power to you

dsc09131.jpg

Those unwilling to spend big bucks on a laptop for their kids might consider a low-cost Chromebook as an option, but could be a bit hesitant due to the OS's lack of parental controls. That could all change however, thanks to a new feature the Chrome team is rolling out this week to its beta channel. Simply add your child as a "supervised user" on Chrome, and you can see his or her browsing history and decide whether to allow or block certain sites. He or she can also request permission to view a blocked site if necessary. Interested parties can go ahead and try this out now by downloading the beta version of Chrome on Windows, Mac and Linux, though obviously this feature would be more useful for a machine with Chrome as its sole browser

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/22/chrome-beta-supervised-user/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Oh the things that would happen if my mom tried to get me to use a Chrome book with parental controls on

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Being open about internet habits and stuff isn't a bad thing.  Abuse can happen regardless.  I highly doubt you're doing anything worth looking at, and if you are or your parents are crazy, get help.

Oh the things that would happen if my mom tried to get me to use a Chrome book with parental controls on

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Being open about internet habits and stuff isn't a bad thing.  Abuse can happen regardless.  I highly doubt you're doing anything worth looking at, and if you are or your parents are crazy, get help.

Lol a few years ago my mom tried to limit the hours I could be online, I guessed her password and revoked her admin status on my computer :P

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I use group policy.Still the best lockdown feature i have seen.

Disclaimer:I am not a parent,I was instructed by my aunt to restrict my cousin's over-usage(addiction).And i am the only admin in the house.

You will eat your mom O.o

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

You will eat your mom O.o

That's a different story

I can't stand Chromebook, but I love Android.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

Ohhhhh yes it is a bad thing. Well it would be for me at least.