I LOVE battlefield 1...you should too!

i_build_nanosuits

i think it's the best game ever for these reasons:

-Very immersive gameplay

-Best graphics ever in a video game...by far the best looking game built on the EPIC frostbyte engine

-Runs stupidly well...very good PC optimisation

-Unlocked framerate, scalable graphics

-Butter smooth game

-Good shooting feel...every weapons feel great and accurate, real skill based shooter.

-Progression and weapons unlock is great...makes you want to play more and more.

-60hz tickrate server minimum...not more lag fest.

-Great modes, multiplayer is a blast.

-Sounds and music are top notch as well.

-Single-player compaign: might be a bit boring and ''classic'' but the nicest graphics are there so if you're a graphis whore like i am you'll enjoy it...and it's there, so it's a plus.

So, if you can grab a key for cheap on CDkeys.com or G2A or whatever and you havn't yet...do that, you'll have a blast too i'm sure.

Especially if you have i would recomment at least a core i5 from haswell or skylake or ideally a core i7 from ivy-bridge, haswell or skylake paired with an R9 290/290X/390/390X or GTX 780/780ti/970 for 1080p

or a R9 Fury/FuryX or GTX 980/980ti/1070 for 1440p as you'll be able to run those amazing graphics at 60FPS+ on ULTRA.

it's an amazing game IMHO...much better than BF4 or star wars battlefront that's for sure...hit the thumbs up button if you agree!

See ya on the battlefield!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

how much did thay pay for this :P nah but it was amazing in the beta but not really my thing, tho it did run REALLY good on my 970 and 4690K

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The missing mod support, regenerating health and day one season pass are the reasons I swore to myself I would never buy a battlefield game at full price again after I learned the lesson the hard way with BF3. Never. Again.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

The missing mod support, regenerating health and day one season pass are the reasons I swore to myself I would never buy a battlefield game at full price again after I learned the lesson the hard way with BF3. Never. Again.

i paid 55$CAD (46$USD) for my key on CDkeys.com...worth every penny...planning on buying a premium pass (season pass) later when a couple expansions get released and i can get a good deal on it somewhere...you should buy that game honestly you're missing on something amazing man.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

meh the story felt stupid to me and why are the sub machine guns in world war one? sure they exsisted but wernt really used the whole thing looks like a reskin of battlefeild 4 to me im looking forward to advance warfare more if im honest that seems like some real innovation

I lurk a lot

2 hours ago, peej said:

meh the story felt stupid to me and why are the sub machine guns in world war one? sure they exsisted but wernt really used the whole thing looks like a reskin of battlefeild 4 to me im looking forward to advance warfare more if im honest that seems like some real innovation

are you serious? :o

single player campaign is best i've played so far, especially on hard difficulty.Its just so epic 

9 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Especially if you have i would recomment at least a core i5 from haswell or skylake or ideally a core i7 from ivy-bridge, haswell or skylake paired with an R9 290/290X/390/390X or GTX 780/780ti/970 for 1080p

or a R9 Fury/FuryX or GTX 980/980ti/1070 for 1440p as you'll be able to run those amazing graphics at 60FPS+ on ULTRA.

My buddy only has an R9 270 and even he can play at medium to high settings to get 60fps and the best thing about that is that frostbite makes it so that even at lower settings, it still looks gorgeous. 

I myself have an RX480 for 2560x1080 and I can even use 130% resolution scale and still get 60-70 fps. 

9 hours ago, peej said:

Well looking at battlefield 4, there is a bunch of stuff that doesn't really work there as well and is unrealistic.

So what? It is not like battlefield is a hardcore realism shooter. It is about fun and this time using old weapons. If it were authentic, then basically every German soldier would have a K98 and nothing else. the idea is not to make it perfectly realistic, but to make it fun. 

And I agree, that there is a bunch wring in the game when comparing it to actual ww1, but uf you would try to put that in a game....well then you would need 640 players and not 64 players and have the first half die in the first three seconds to never be spawned in the game again.... something along those lines.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I got a discount code with my 480, but I'm probably going to give it to my cousin. Overwatch and Gears 4 are my games atm and I'm waiting for Revelation Online. I won't have time for BF1 for at least a year. Even then, I'm not sure I'll get it. BFBC2 was fun for me while it lasted, by this franchise honestly doesn't do it for me.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Its Fun and i enjoy it, but real skillbased? Hell no. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

12 hours ago, peej said:

You havent played the MP than.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

It's battlefield

If you've played any of the others, the game play is instantly familiar. Similar enough to that you can make a reskin accusation, but different enough so that fans can cling to the differences and defend it based on that.

Which ever camp you are in though, the game has absolutely nothing to do with the first world war. If you don't quite understand what i mean, see peter jackson's the Hobbit trilogy and compare it to the books. That is how similar the game is to the actual first world war. Every conceivable piece of military equipment, no matter how obscure, experimental or seriously considered it was for military use is crammed into the game.

I remember reading about this event in history classes.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

1 hour ago, MMKing said:

It's battlefield

If you've played any of the others, the game play is instantly familiar. Similar enough to that you can make a reskin accusation, but different enough so that fans can cling to the differences and defend it based on that.

Which ever camp you are in though, the game has absolutely nothing to do with the first world war. If you don't quite understand what i mean, see peter jackson's the Hobbit trilogy and compare it to the books. That is how similar the game is to the actual first world war. Every conceivable piece of military equipment, no matter how obscure, experimental or seriously considered it was for military use is crammed into the game.

I remember reading about this event in history classes.

An accurate  WW1 Game would be boring as Hell.

I've been playing BF for about 12 years and I can easily say BF1 is probably my favorite (would be second/third favorite if some older games were fixed/more content). I usually complain about a lot in BF but there's only a couple of minor nuisances this time around.

I played the beta, and I really do mean that, got to Rank 44. Now when I go to career I'm at 0 again. Is that supposed to happen?

It's fun sure, but skill based? To a degree, it's not really heavily skill based. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Lol. Funny post.

I do want to pose a random question. What will the sequel be called if Battlefield 2 already exists??

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Also few more things.

The game has only 9 maps? That's less than what BF4 had. How big are they compared in size between the two?

They haven't included French or Russians, and will be selling them as DLC? Yep, that's EA right there. I know people (myself included) exploded when they didn't give us Clone and Droid armies in Battlefront, and this is pretty much the same imo. 

And only 25 weapons? I suppose I could live with that, but I'd prefer a bit more. 

Most casual experience i have ever seen or played.

9 maps.

Can't see anything.

How much is this game again?

CS costs 15...

Free community maps, tonnes of mod support and a huge competitive scene, plus the chance to get lucky if you waste some cash on cases, but that's up to you, i have not spent a single penny on cases.

Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock . XEON X5650 4.49ghz

59 minutes ago, Soundsystem90 said:

CS costs 15...

I'm not sure how you can even compare these 2 games. They are worlds apart.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

I'm notsure how you can even compare these 2 games. They are worlds apart.

Which is why BF1 is not worth buying.

7 minutes ago, Soundsystem90 said:

Which is why BF1 is not worth buying.

That's like saying you shouldn't buy CS since UT is free, as in completely. 

Those are 2 very different types of games.

I'm not saying which one is better, it's a subjective thing, it's that they can't be compared. 

It is supposed to be a massive simulation of war with vehicles and different types of objectives/modes. CS is very different. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

That's like saying you shouldn't buy CS since UT is free, as in completely. 

Those are 2 very different types of games.

I'm not saying which one is better, it's a subjective thing, it's that they can't be compared. 

It is supposed to be a massive simulation of war with vehicles and different types of objectives. CS is very different. 

Oh i know, that's why i have ARMA II and Insurgency. :)

7 hours ago, Praesi said:

An accurate  WW1 Game would be boring as Hell.

As would an accurate depiction of modern warfare, what is your point?

There was an expectation that a world war one battlefield would be different.

Tanks would be much slower. Not really, if anything they are more powerful than ever.

Semi auto rifles would not exist. I know they existed at the time, but no one was mad enough to take these extremely delicate weapons into ground combat. Even in the best of conditions they were unreliable, but here we are dragging them through the mud. Semi auto rifles didn't become even remotely common before the US joined the second world war with their M1 garands, while the Russian SKS was good, production did not make them common. What is next, Battlefield 2 (as in, battlefield ww2) with 64 people running around with red dot sight STG44s?

Which brings me to my next point, optics was extremely expensive at the time. They were reserved for snipers and personnel attempting to visually identify artillery accuracy etc. They would most certainly not be used on sub machine guns, and only very limited use on light machine guns. But everyone had optics in the last Battlefield games, so everyone has optics in this game.

Then there is the ridiculous run and gun aspect. Sure, you can stay fairly mobile with the M249, the cartridge is a relatively small 5.56mm NATO, and the parts are fairly light because of this. Not first world war machine guns, they used for the most part milled parts, heavy cooling solutions (like fins around the barrel for heat dissipation) and some even used oil to help with the extraction of the cartridges. You could pick up a first world war machine gun and move it, but there is no way you could be even remotely accurate shooting it from the hip and you would find it difficult even holding it up to look down the sight. Sub machine guns are way too accurate, we don't have auto shotguns but may as well have had it with the speed the soldier operates the action in this game.

My point is that every aspect of the game is stretched as far as possible to make the first world war fit in Battlefield, instead of making Battlefield fit in the first world war. It's like a poorly made historical adaptation, 1492: conquest of paradise. You're paying lip service to what you're adapting, but the rest of it is completely made it. I'm not saying Battlefield 1 is a bad game, i own it and i enjoy it an hour or two every now and then, but it's just as mindless and casual as call of duty. If you're playing a game where you can repair a tank from the inside, you are not allowed to call any other game casual.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum