Can I insert Nvidia GPU's in the upcoming AM4 motherboard?

Hi, here's my stituation.

I recently upgraded my GTX 650 Ti 2gb to a Zotac AMP Edition GTX 1060 6gb Video Card and whenever I play battlefield 1 the GPU usage is only at 30-60% at times while the CPU Usage is at 100%.

This lead me to the conclusion that my GPU is obviously getting bottlenecked thanks to the CPU.

So now, I am very interested in the upcoming AMD "Summit Ridge" Zen 8 Cores/ 16 Threads CPU and Intel Kaby-lake Desktop Processor i7-7700k 4 Cores/8 Threads but I still have to wait and see for the benchmarks as well.

Now assuming that the 8 Cores/ 16 Threads will be a much better option since it will have more cores and threads making CPU usage a little less demanding in Battlefield 1 and future games and especially DX 12 that takes advantage of more cores comes with the question of "Can I use my newly bought Zotac AMP Edition GTX 1060 6gb with the AM4 motherboard that I assume only AMD CPU's can be put in.

Current Rig:

i5-4670

GTX 1060 6gb

1x8gb ddr3 ram

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

You will be able to put taht GPU on any new motherboard that is comming out in next few years.

It would be kinda moronic if AMD made motherboard that doesn't have PCI-e slot for dedicated GPU lol

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Simon771 said:

You will be able to put taht GPU on any new motherboard that is comming out in next few years.

It would be kinda moronic if AMD made motherboard that doesn't have PCI-e slot for dedicated GPU lol

I see, thank you for that, it's really good to hear that, I'm not that knowledgeable on those things you see, I can't help it if I sound dumb xD.

Even with DirectX12 and Vulkan, the general rule of 'games prefer fewer, faster cores' still remains true... Ryan from PCPer showcased this by stacking the i7 6700K against the i7 5960X in Ashes of the Singularity and sure enough the Skylake CPU with its faster single core performance still won.

From the information I've gathered/seen relating to AMD's octacore... if you want pure gaming performance, the i7 7700K is most likely going to be better.

To answer your question, yes, a GTX 1060 6GB is compatible with AM4. There would be a riot if it wasn't.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, IAEInferno said:

I see, thank you for that, it's really good to hear that, I'm not that knowledgeable on those things you see, I can't help it if I sound dumb xD.

You are welcome.

That's why we have forum :)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

Even with DirectX12 and Vulkan, the general rule of 'games prefer fewer, faster cores' still remains true... Ryan from PCPer showcased this by stacking the i7 6700K against the i7 5960X in Ashes of the Singularity and sure enough the Skylake CPU with its faster single core performance still won.

From the information I've gathered/seen relating to AMD's octacore... if you want pure gaming performance, the i7 7700K is most likely going to be better.

To answer your question, yes, a GTX 1060 6GB is compatible with AM4. There would be a riot if it wasn't.

I see, so it's better if you got a faster 4 core CPU than slower 8 core CPU for gaming.

Just now, IAEInferno said:

I see, so it's better if you got a faster 4 core CPU than slower 8 core CPU for gaming.

That is correct.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

30 minutes ago, IAEInferno said:

Hi, here's my stituation.

I recently upgraded my GTX 650 Ti 2gb to a Zotac AMP Edition GTX 1060 6gb Video Card and whenever I play battlefield 1 the GPU usage is only at 30-60% at times while the CPU Usage is at 100%.

This lead me to the conclusion that my GPU is obviously getting bottlenecked thanks to the CPU.

So now, I am very interested in the upcoming AMD "Summit Ridge" Zen 8 Cores/ 16 Threads CPU and Intel Kaby-lake Desktop Processor i7-7700k 4 Cores/8 Threads but I still have to wait and see for the benchmarks as well.

Now assuming that the 8 Cores/ 16 Threads will be a much better option since it will have more cores and threads making CPU usage a little less demanding in Battlefield 1 and future games and especially DX 12 that takes advantage of more cores comes with the question of "Can I use my newly bought Zotac AMP Edition GTX 1060 6gb with the AM4 motherboard that I assume only AMD CPU's can be put in.

Current Rig:

i5-4670

GTX 1060 6gb

1x8gb ddr3 ram

Any GPU will be compatible, no problem there. I wouldnt bother upgrading, your current i5 is fine. It doesnt bottleneck the 1060 at all, and there wont be much of a performance increase seeing as Zen will only be around Haswell speeds.

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

10 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

Any GPU will be compatible, no problem there. I wouldnt bother upgrading, your current i5 is fine. It doesnt bottleneck the 1060 at all, and there wont be much of a performance increase seeing as Zen will only be around Haswell speeds.

Please read what I said, Thank you.