Coolant Colorchange..I need help

Hey Guys,

Im at a loss, i had my custom loop now change color on me 3 times. And yes i rinsed everything several times with distilled water prior to assembly. The first time was with distilled water and Mayhems Blood Red Dye. I cleaned everything up and tried again. The same result.

After that i cleaned(Distilled water and vinegar) and rinsed it several times with distilled water and switched to EK-Ekoolant Pastel Red to see if it was a bad dye. But the Ekoolant changed changed color within a day.

What now...my loop runs around 30ish idle and 40-45ish load. No overclock obviously.

It contains:

EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block Nickel

EK 250 X3 Reservoir

EK GTX970 TFX GPU Block Nickel

2x EK Coolstream PE 240 Radiator

Some EK and Alphacool fittings all nickel

EK D5 Pump

PETG Hardtubing

I don't know what to do...had somebody out there a similar experience or a solution?? 
or maybe a hint what could cause the problem?

Are the blocks clean? I'm not the most informed with water-cooling.

Is there corrosion on the fittings or heatsinks?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

40-45 load isn't too hot. Anything above 50-55 would be pretty toasty as far as water goes, especially on the GPU.

Plus cooling all that with a 240mm is is pretty close i think to thermal limit. 120mm per component is just ridiculous. 

Pastel Red does turn into tomato soup for some. @CtW has his go tomato soup red. (is it still that red though?) 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@ARikozuMNo there was no corrosion on the blocks but maybe i should have a look...oh no...lord have mercy....and @DildorTheDecent Im sorry for the typo I have two 240s. I would not have a problem with tomatosoup red...but it is more brown than red at this point.

pc.jpg

The water temperatur can not be lower than the room temperature. Otherwise you will get condensation on your tubes. I am using 420+280´mm Rads and Dual D5 Pumps for a better head pressure. In Summer is my Loop idle 30°C idle 40°C (room temp 30-33). Now I have 20°C Room temp. My loop is 23°C. In load up to 35°C.  The fans run  100% at Water temp 40°C. I have a pastel orange coolant 2/3, and mixed 1/3 red to get a darker  orange. I use EK Coolant too.

Sometimes it is dark pink. LOL

I think the color pigments from EK Coolant have this Chemical properties like chameleon

I think it is normal. 

PINK!!!

DSC_0350.JPG

OrangeIMG_20161010_191711.jpg

picture without a flashlight

DSC_0359.JPG

with Flashlight

DSC_0358.JPG

1 hour ago, SmashinMachine said:

The water temperatur can not be lower than the room temperature. Otherwise you will get condensation on your tubes. I am using 420+280´mm Rads and Dual D5 Pumps for a better head pressure. In Summer is my Loop idle 30°C idle 40°C (room temp 30-33). Now I have 20°C Room temp. My loop is 23°C. In load up to 35°C.  The fans run  100% at Water temp 40°C. I have a pastel orange coolant 2/3, and mixed 1/3 red to get a darker  orange. I use EK Coolant too.

Sometimes it is dark pink. LOL

I think the color pigments from EK Coolant have this Chemical properties like chameleon

I think it is normal. 

maybe they have found a chameleonparticle xD but i would prefer it if it wouldn't turn brown in a black/red build :|

2 minutes ago, ZeroMo said:

maybe they have found a chameleonparticle xD but i would prefer it if it wouldn't turn brown in a black/red build :|

It turns brown in your build, this is a maskulin (manly) (sorry for my bad englisch) color  anyway . It turns PINK in MY build when the sun shines. O.o

Did you mix the pastel concentrate in bottel before you fill the loop or  mix it in reservoir?

I mixed it in bottle. Maybe the coolant thickness in bottle and in tubes make this difference. 

1 hour ago, SmashinMachine said:

It turns brown in your build, this is a maskulin (manly) (sorry for my bad englisch) color  anyway . It turns PINK in MY build when the sun shines. O.o

Did you mix the pastel concentrate in bottel before you fill the loop or  mix it in reservoir?

I mixed it in bottle. Maybe the coolant thickness in bottle and in tubes make this difference. 

Your english is fine :D I mixed it prior to filling in a bottle according to EKs instructions...so should be fine regarding the mix.

• 3 weeks later...

So....im still not sure why exactly the color changed...even the support had no idea. But after running the loop for a bit over a week and rinse it aftwerwards with destilled water somehow fixed the issue more or less. The coolant still changed a bit but as long as it is only a dark red i do not care. 

Thank you for the suggestions.

Try doing a PH test to see if your fluid  has changed, it should be on the basic side of thing if it's completely neutral or acidic then something may be causing it to change PH. The red as mentioned does tend to change much easier than other colors like the white pastel. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Try doing a PH test to see if your fluid  has changed, it should be on the basic side of thing if it's completely neutral or acidic then something may be causing it to change PH. The red as mentioned does tend to change much easier than other colors like the white pastel. 

i will do that when i recovered from my cold :D. Thank you

I've had my Mayhems pastel orange turn reddish. Not too happy. Used the Blitz cleaning kit, too. 

Just now, shibbs said:

I've had my Mayhems pastel orange turn reddish. Not too happy. Used the Blitz cleaning kit, too. 

well maybe i have to use the pastel orange if it turns reddish :D 
but honestly i feel you...