Intake/Outake question

Mataxa

Does anyone know if It's a good idea to have my cpu fan on intake (It has a filter on it) and all the other fans to be outake?

_MaTT

My cpu cooler is a stock cooler that came with my a10-7870k.
Case is umm some very old case (I can get a photo if really needed).
And Theres one fan in the back near I/O and another is placed where cd rom drives should be.
Also maybe you can take the psu fan into account which is near the top of my case tho I dont know Which way it's blowing.

_MaTT

in reality if the radiator is taking in fresh air or exhausting hot air it makes almost no difference... i'd just recommend having more intake than exhaust because you can control where dust gets in and place filters accordingly otherwise dust will get in through any opening that isnt filtered 

edit saw the reply:

if it is a stock cooler have it set to blow air down towards the motherboard 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

Maybe you can see something in these photos. I've blocked all the holes in my case With an Idea to take fresh air from outside through that funnel filter thing and then other fans should take the hot air out.

14793899_1363274920372302_1978665945_n.jpg

14800654_1363275070372287_705301646_n.jpg

14800773_1363275060372288_2089601887_n.jpg

14825549_524551324404766_1667176586_n.jpg

_MaTT

those are really small fans i'd keep everything as is unless you want to spend some money on better/bigger fans for the case. also i can see a lot of dust under the cpu heatsink fan maybe clean that to see some thermal improvements? or if you dont want to spend any money you could just take the front fan and replace the funnel thing with the fan.

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

2 hours ago, Mataxa said:

Maybe you can see something in these photos. I've blocked all the holes in my case With an Idea to take fresh air from outside through that funnel filter thing and then other fans should take the hot air out.

The PSU is sucking air and passively exhausting it. But it seems to me the intake front fan is coming from an intel stock cooler? If so, it is also mounted as an exhaust right now (since they are meant to blow downwards to the heatsink).

In any case, a front intake and a rear exhaust seems the way to go.

22 hours ago, Mataxa said:

If you mean side fan duct, thats better as intake.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv