Jean-Christophe Baratault Leaves Nvidia, Joins AMD.

Jean-Christophe Baratault Nvidia's head of professional graphics, the man behind the success of the Quadro & Tesla line of graphics accelerators joined AMD.
Jean-Christophe-Baratault-from-nVidia-to

This is in effort from AMD to continue its plans of restructuring the company, the aggressive push towards securing more market share in the professional graphics segment is a huge part of it according to CEO Rory Read.

source

Cool, maybe AMD will become more prominent on the professional market, along with their deal with Apple.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

This information is of little importance to me as Quadro GPU's are too expensive and made for things that I know nothing about making them utterly useless and stupid and smelly.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Fight! Fight! Finally something interesting is happening in endless fight Nvidia vs AMD...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

AMD's version of a 20nm 'GK110 equivalent chip' down the line possibly? Interesting :)

Well let's be honest.. where else was he gonna go?  :P

Intel!

(just kidding)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Hey wait a minute, this guy is French! I didn't know you could be an nvidia engineer in France. I would love to be one as well

Why is it when an Nvidia employee leaves to go to AMD, we get his full name, birth certificate, resumé and favourite colour of socks, while in the opposite case it's just "some guys".

Makes me think one of the companies is a little "looser" with their personnel doctrines... As if they considered it... Marketing

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why is it when an Nvidia employee leaves to go to AMD, we get his full name, birth certificate, resumé and favourite colour of socks, while in the opposite case it's just "some guys".

Makes me think one of the companies is a little "looser" with their personnel doctrines... As if they considered it... Marketing

Well it's because AMD very rarely lets go of its big name employees, so we rarely hear about a big name jumping ship from AMD to Nvidia.

Well let's be honest.. where else was he gonna go?  :P

No-where, we expected him to stay at Nvidia.

After all you'd expect a company like Nvidia would offer him enough incentive to stay, apparently not.

Maybe because it was some no name guys? I dunno.

Just so everyone knows AMD's stock has been going down for the past 4 days. I don't know when it will level off but it was at $4 and know it's gone down to £3.2 ish. Hopefully it will go back to £4 at some point but who knows. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Probably due to nvidia conference & 780ti.

We'll see how things go after the 290X tomorrow! Pricing is make or break

This information is of little importance to me as Quadro GPU's are too expensive and made for things that I know nothing about making them utterly useless and stupid and smelly.

It affects you because of the trickle down effect. New technologies are always going to be on professional level cards before consumer cards.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk