Here's Kodak's new phone

TidaLWaveZ

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

19 hours ago, daniielrp said:

Nah ah. The camera was incredible, but the OS and specs let it down. It was just soooo slow by the time you'd taken a picture all the samsungs and iPhones had already taken it and shared it to social media, where quality don't matter anyway.

I had a 1020, used it for a couple years and generally loved it.  Just switched to a Lumia 950 (which is pretty amazing).  If the exact same phone was released with modern flagship guts (so a faster processor and a bit more faster ram), and the software on that beast of a camera was improved, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  But I wouldn't say it was let down by WP8/8.1, as the OS itself ran beautifully on that phone (aside from resuming apps, which was pretty slow across all WP8/8.1 devices).

The camera in the 1020 is god-tier when you get the settings dialed in with manual mode.  The results on automatic are often a serious letdown, certainly compared to an iphone or galaxy's ability to be pointed vaguely at something, and click off a couple of pictures that will come out better than what the 1020 will do when left to it's own devices.  The 1020 has a xenon flash, which is not only better for taking pictures than pretty much any LED camera phone flash, but it's also useful for blinding your friends/half of a bar.  Then there is the camera launch and shot-to-shot time.  The dedicated 2-stage shutter button is great for launching the camera, but if you are using Lumia Pro Camera (which you are if we want to use the 41 megapixels for phone camera dick measuring) you have a solid few seconds before you're ready to shoot.  Didn't get the perfect shot?  Try again in 2-3 seconds as the phone processes that giant image.  Too late to get the shot again?  That's too bad then.

Video recording is only 1080p30, but the microphones are very good across the full frequency range.  Lows are pronounced, but also don't clip out immediately like can happen with many other cameras.  I only really used it to record some car stuff (before/after of exhaust modifications, etc), and it worked extremely well.

Side Note:  It's a Nokia.  Not just that, it's a polycarbonate Nokia.  You can't hurt one of these without dropping stuff directly onto the screen.  Mine had a nice corner shot from table height onto a hardwood floor, and it damaged the floor.

The 1020 was able to be updated to W10M if you have either insider preview or developer account status, but I chose not to.  My 521 (the best cheap phone in the world) didn't like the early betas of W10M, but I think that was an issue of having too little ram and again, early beta software.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

I had Nokia 808 pureview for 40 months.

Its camera was quicker,simpler than that of 1020.

The shot to shot time in lumia 1020 at full res 4:3 mode was horribly long. While on 808 pureview shot to shot time on full res 4:3, was "noticably less". (Wikipedia article states it has some dedicated onchip image processor)

Interestingly, in December 2014, I was in a school new year's party and the 600d's battery went flat, while it was charging. Pics taken with 808 and classmates' 1020 were MOAR epic than other phones.

Kind of reinforces

the words from Chase Jarvis "The Best Camera Is The One That's With You"

And if one had to have a car with decades old music system with only cd player and fm radio the fm transmitter of 808 pureview does wonders.

Sadly in Feb this year I lost my 808 pureview, I would have kept it for more years. I tried to buy another one but money and availability issues.

Lastly I would like to link an article if anyone interested,its worth looking at.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/21787_PureView_vs_the_Pixel_the_808_.php

IMG_20151104_131559_AO_HDR.jpg

Last picture of my beloved 808 pv before I lost it ?.

• 2 weeks later...

LG had the Viewty back in 09 and sony also had a cameraphone back when, but ill stick with my Lumias basically just for the camera, WP10 is buggin in the photo album dept on 950, had a 920, 1520, and now the 950 and i much preferred the 920 and the great photo apps that were available back when 

What version of Android does it run?

Sorry if its been mentioned in this thread I haven't the time to read and just looking for a quick answer. Thanks :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Just wait for the selfies.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 9:37 PM, TidaLWaveZ said:

I've also never heard of the Helio X-20.

It's made by MediaTek. That Chinese SOC company which used to make awful SOCs.......

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, sof006 said:

What version of Android does it run?

Sorry if its been mentioned in this thread I haven't the time to read and just looking for a quick answer. Thanks :)

Doesn't say anywhere. I'd be very surprised if it was any earlier than Marshmallow.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Doesn't say anywhere. I'd be very surprised if it was any earlier than Marshmallow.

Thanks!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

I'm looking at the photos at the bottom of the page that I think were supposedly taken by the ektra, but honestly the photos don't look that great. They're appear to be super grainy, and in one photo I'm noticing some lens flare. Also, it kinda looks like there's a white haze over the photos, and the photos appear soft and without a ton of dynamic range. Not a fan.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270