Adding a new graphics card soon - Compatibility

WesG

I have been looking into this for a very long time now, I would basically like to know if the graphics card I will be getting is compatible with my computer.

Graphics card: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3753-KR

I have an idea on what information to give about my computer, but please let me know what information is required to give so we can have a better understanding if the graphics card I want should be fine

It probably is.... but we would need to know the specs of your computer 

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

Unless your power supply isn't powerful enough or your case can't fit it in, you shouldn't have any problem.

2 minutes ago, mbryant said:

It probably is.... but we would need to know the specs of your computer 

Sure thing, what is necessary? 

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, WesG said:

Sure thing, what is necessary? 

Capture.PNG

Everything there. This is very important info.

Thanks for such quick replies! I will post some screenshots in a moment.

Is there something else I need?

Power supply I would need to open up my machine, I think it is about 230w though.

Recommended is 300, but again that is simply recommended. This is the part I am most skeptical about, but I could just purchase another power supply unit in case I need to. Right?

Thanks for the help so far guys!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture6.PNG

16 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

errr dont buy the 750 ti.. buy RX 460.. its a lot more faster and the price is about the same.

Hmm... Maybe I could do that, but I'm not entirely sure if that would be okay with my computer. I seen someone add the 750 ti to their machine in a video and their computer was the same as mine.

Please link me to the website and I will take a look, I am open to suggestions on better cards for the same price. ;D

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

What are u talking about??
No matter GPU u are using it will be fine as long its not completely dead and no matter what pc u are putting it to as long it has PCIE and Enough wattage from the power supplies.
I just got my Rx 460 1 week ago. and its work just fine.

Well i dont know if there's a better gpu with the same price other than rx 460.
here's the link. Here

I'm new to this and am skeptical... If I say something that doesn't seem right it just means I'm a newbie. I do constantly get reassurance from different sources which is nice, and I may get this GPU instead in fact because it looks pretty darn promising.

5 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Well i am sorry if i said something that hurt your feelings.
Yes the RX 460 is one hell of a damn good budget GPU.
I run Shadow of mordor with high settings and got 58 Fps on average.
Make sure u have a good PSU so it wont blow up ur entire system.

I need to look into something else, then I can see if I can use one of these instead. Looks awesome!

29 minutes ago, WesG said:

I need to look into something else, then I can see if I can use one of these instead. Looks awesome!

I would wait for the 1050ti it comes out on the 25th and is supposed to be the replacement for the 750ti. It will likely have better performance than the rx460 and be priced at 140 usd the if that is too much the 1050 is going to be 109 usd and should also beat the rx 460 in performance. As for if it will be compatible with your current pc it should be because the gtx1050ti and the gtx 1050 will both be rated at 75w power draw just like the 750ti and the rx460.

13 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would wait for the 1050ti it comes out on the 25th and is supposed to be the replacement for the 750ti. It will likely have better performance than the rx460 and be priced at 140 usd the if that is too much the 1050 is going to be 109 usd and should also beat the rx 460 in performance. As for if it will be compatible with your current pc it should be because the gtx1050ti and the gtx 1050 will both be rated at 75w power draw just like the 750ti and the rx460.

My power supply is my main concern, but if I do need a new power supply then maybe it will be a ton cheaper. xD

I think these will help significantly. The two graphic cards I'm interested in I assume are okay.

If the PSU is not okay then I guess I can just get a new one, but that wouldn't be too preferable.

2016-10-19_21.34.35.jpg

2016-10-19_21.33.45.jpg

I would definitely wait for the 1050ti. At the very least, 750ti prices would go down, and maybe 460 prices. Also, the 1050 and 1050ti don't require extra power connectors, so your power supply should be fine in terms of wattage, but tbh it looks kinda sketchy.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

4 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

I would definitely wait for the 1050ti. At the very least, 750ti prices would go down, and maybe 460 prices. Also, the 1050 and 1050ti don't require extra power connectors, so your power supply should be fine in terms of wattage, but tbh it looks kinda sketchy.

I am very keen on getting a 750 to very soon, but maybe I should wait. If the arrival of 1050 ti brings down the prices by the end of this year, then I will definitely wait. 

8 minutes ago, WesG said:

I am very keen on getting a 750 to very soon, but maybe I should wait. If the arrival of 1050 ti brings down the prices by the end of this year, then I will definitely wait. 

The 1050ti is launching on the 27th. Why do you want the 750ti so much? The 1050 will cost $109 (same as 750ti) and will perform better (50% faster in overwatch(according to nvidia) than a 750ti), and the 1050ti will cost $139 and will perform even better (100% faster in overwatch (according to nvidia) than a 750ti) AND (this is important) will have 4GB of vram. And as a bonus both cards have a TDP of 75W, and thus need no pcie power connectors.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

I have 284w PSU the minimum for the 750 ti seems to be 300w. If I get a new GPU in the future, would it be wise to try and see if it would work and get a new PSU if it doesn't?

3 minutes ago, WesG said:

I have 284w PSU the minimum for the 750 ti seems to be 300w. If I get a new GPU in the future, would it be wise to try and see if it would work and get a new PSU if it doesn't?

If you ever get a gpu that needs a pcie power connector, then certainly; make sure to get something of high quality too. Also, another note, the 1050ti's recommended PSU is 300w, so you shouldn't have any trouble using it.

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

I think I know what I will do and get, I also may get something when the 1060 arrives so the other options will be much cheaper. Anyone know when the 1060 will make an appearance?

1 hour ago, WesG said:

I think I know what I will do and get, I also may get something when the 1060 arrives so the other options will be much cheaper. Anyone know when the 1060 will make an appearance?

GTX 1060 is already here....like 2 months ago...

Are you referring to the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti?

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

1 hour ago, WesG said:

1050 on Oct. 27th. 

Btw, your PSU is pushing it, but it's fine in terms of wattage with a 1050. But please replace it. Your computer is compatible with your GPU. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 hours ago, -rascal- said:

GTX 1060 is already here....like 2 months ago...

Are you referring to the GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti?

Really? I should do more research...

14 hours ago, WesG said:

Hmm... Maybe I could do that, but I'm not entirely sure if that would be okay with my computer. I seen someone add the 750 ti to their machine in a video and their computer was the same as mine.

Please link me to the website and I will take a look, I am open to suggestions on better cards for the same price. ;D

All gpus will *work* in all computers so long as two requirements are met: You have the open PCIe slot, and your power supply is big enough. The 750ti hasn't really been a viable option since the days where two of them in SLI where cheaper and had more performance than the newest Titan that was out, trust me, I know, that's why I have two of them. 

13 hours ago, WesG said:

2016-10-19_21.33.45.jpg

The GPU will end up going into the PCIE16x1 slot. Unfortunately, that's a x1 (pronounced "by one") slot, but if that's what ya gots then that's what ya gots. I wouldn't go spending a ton of money on a GPU to stick it in a x1 slot. Why do you need a graphics card, and what do you intend to do with it?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Okay, so I think I should wait until the 1050 arrives. I assuming prices will be lowered and get either the ones I am interested in or the newer ones for nearly the same price. 

I may need a new PSU, but I will see if my computer runs fine then get a new one if need be with the new GPU.

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I wouldn't have looked into a few things and known some stuff if it weren't for you all. :)

9 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

All gpus will *work* in all computers so long as two requirements are met: You have the open PCIe slot, and your power supply is big enough. The 750ti hasn't really been a viable option since the days where two of them in SLI where cheaper and had more performance than the newest Titan that was out, trust me, I know, that's why I have two of them. 

The GPU will end up going into the PCIE16x1 slot. Unfortunately, that's a x1 (pronounced "by one") slot, but if that's what ya gots then that's what ya gots. I wouldn't go spending a ton of money on a GPU to stick it in a x1 slot. Why do you need a graphics card, and what do you intend to do with it?

I don't fully understand what that would mean with the slots I have, but I do intend to spend money on a GPU within my budget. Please please explain what would happen if I were to install a new graphics card in that slot. Is it enough? 

I currently have a disgusting Intel graphics card, and I play a few particular games once in awhile that requires something much better than what I have now. I am new to this and want to muster up enough information to see what I can do.