2400MHz ram wont work [FIXED]

Hey guys.

So the other day i ordered a 16gb kit, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz DDR3 RAM, i installed it in my pc today and opened cpu-z to see that my memory speed is only 665Mhz (I know it gets halfed as its running in dual channel)
But this is where i have the problem, when i go into my BIOS i only have two option for memory, "automatic" profile which is 1333mhz, and "profile 1" which is 2400mhz, all good, i tried to use profile 1, rebooted my pc and i get a blue screen of death right away, it continually reboots with blue screen of death and gives a variety of errors.
To check if it was the ram i put it back to the "automatic" profile with the speed of 1333mhz, rebooted it and it came back on straight away.

My motherboard is a GA-F2A68HM-HD2 board, i checked beforehand and the specs say that it supports 2400mhz memory http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5289#sp
CPU is an AMD A8-7650k, gpu is an XFX GTR XXX rx480.

Hopefully someone can figure out why its not working at 2400mhz, as i'm completely stumped myself.

EDIT - Solved this issue, i've had to set it to 2133mhz through the bios

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I don't think your motherboard supports RAM of that speed. I mean, 2400Mhz is really high for DDR3.

I had an account called Joegeddon active since April 20th 2015

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | XFX RADEON RX580 8GB XXX | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Thermaltake Versa H22 | Corsair RM550x PSU | MSI AM4 B450M-A PRO Motherboard

1TB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB M.2 WD BLUE SSD

Laptop - Asus UX303UA

Intel i7 6500U | Intel 530 Graphics | 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 256GB SATA 3 SSD

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

(I know it gets halfed as its running in dual channel)

Wrong. It get's "halved" because that's the actual speed of the kit. If a kit says 1333mhz, CPU-Z reports it as 666 instead, for that is the actual speed the kit is running at. Dual channel has absolutely nothing to do with this.

As to why it's not working, that's beyond me. I'm no good with AMD setups, sorry.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

13 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Hey guys.

So the other day i ordered a 16gb kit, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz DDR3 RAM, i installed it in my pc today and opened cpu-z to see that my memory speed is only 665Mhz (I know it gets halfed as its running in dual channel)
But this is where i have the problem, when i go into my BIOS i only have two option for memory, "automatic" profile which is 1333mhz, and "profile 1" which is 2400mhz, all good, i tried to use profile 1, rebooted my pc and i get a blue screen of death right away, it continually reboots with blue screen of death and gives a variety of errors.
To check if it was the ram i put it back to the "automatic" profile with the speed of 1333mhz, rebooted it and it came back on straight away.

My motherboard is a GA-F2A68HM-HD2 board, i checked beforehand and the specs say that it supports 2400mhz memory http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5289#sp
CPU is an AMD A8-7650k, gpu is an XFX GTR XXX rx480.

Hopefully someone can figure out why its not working at 2400mhz, as i'm completely stumped myself.

Your processor only supports RAM speeds up to 2133Mhz.

18 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Your processor only supports RAM speeds up to 2133Mhz.

This. And as a result, it's underclocking the RAM so that it will work at all.

"Rawr XD"

Yeah, unfortunately you'll either have to stick with the lousy 1333 speed it defaults to, or manually adjust the clocks and timings to hit 2133 (or at least something close to it). That can be a little tricky, but if you can check what timings etc. it sets with the 2400 profile (without applying it), those timings should be a good starting point at 2133.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah, unfortunately you'll either have to stick with the lousy 1333 speed it defaults to, or manually adjust the clocks and timings to hit 2133 (or at least something close to it). That can be a little tricky, but if you can check what timings etc. it sets with the 2400 profile (without applying it), those timings should be a good starting point at 2133.

I'll try and have a fiddle with it and see what i can get.

I honestly thought if 2400 isnt supported it'd go for the next best option, or even 1866mhz but i guess not :P

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

After trying, it seems i cant do it through the BIOS :( even with timings set to manual it doesn't allow me to change any of them