Help with my Engineering Project

TheMoInMo

Hey guys. I am trying to see if my problem is actually a problem, and am wanting as many of you as possible to take this survey to let me know if you think outlets that do not properly hold plugs in are an issue worth investigating for my engineering project. Thanks for all the help. And if you want to say anything else about it on here, feel free. Thanks again, I appreciate all the feedback I can get.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf27bMjTo_9Hdrka839VaHCSz5FYLTuakDR_mhfhrS9Wf_kWA/viewform

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero RAM: 4x 8gb Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz PSU: 1200W Maingear 80+ Platinum Case: Lian Li O-11 Dynamic XL CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW Keyboard: Fnatic Streak Mini Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Sound: Sennheiser HD 700

Just filled it out!

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Is you want locking plugs than won't come out, there are stands in the us

Look the the nema L5-15(or 20, 30, 50 for more ams) or the L6-15(and 20, 30, 50 for high current and 240 volt)

Dude, what you are trying to do is a great idea. I've got a few power boards connected to my single wall socket (I know, bad, but the house I live in is old) and I noticed that one of the connectors doesn't feel like it locks, but it works fine, and if it comes out, it comes out.

I've also filled out the form!

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

Just now, AlphaGamer46 said:

Dude, what you are trying to do is a great idea. I've got a few power boards connected to my single wall socket (I know, bad, but the house I live in is old) and I noticed that one of the connectors doesn't feel like it locks, but it works fine, and if it comes out, it comes out.

I've also filled out the form!

They have locking connectors in the US, look at the nema L5-15

Hey would be nice but will you reveal the answer later

18 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They have locking connectors in the US, look at the nema L5-15

yes but no house has them

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Would like some more responses if possible. Potentially also send it to your parents, if possible. We are looking for a more diverse group of answerers. Thanks again

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero RAM: 4x 8gb Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz PSU: 1200W Maingear 80+ Platinum Case: Lian Li O-11 Dynamic XL CPU Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II Monitor: Alienware AW3418DW Keyboard: Fnatic Streak Mini Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Sound: Sennheiser HD 700

Answered but as a Brit I doubt how useful my answer will be with our 3 pronged plugs. Good luck for your project. 

The poll didn't really allow me to convey what I wanted to say - but most power outlet types already include a way to prevent electrocution if the plug falls out, there's no real need for an extra "solution". I said I would pay a little more for a solution, but that only counts if there isn't one already, and there mostly is.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Filled it out however you may struggle to find people who have suffered electrocution and able to fill out forms as electrocution is death caused by electric shock, electric current passing through the body.

Also being in the UK our plugs already have the anti electric shock features built in so not sure how applicable this is but hope it helps.

Same in Europe, there is already features to prevent it. If you don't have a old house. And most of them its really hard to drag the plug out too. I mean really hard.

My guess is that the problem is mostly in US an not other places. Maybe some strange Asian plugs I haven't seen in real life too.

And I don't rent or own a house myself, but live with my parents. And from what I have understood, Duplex has 2 homes in the same house, but here it is 3.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Answered but as a Brit I doubt how useful my answer will be with our 3 pronged plugs. Good luck for your project. 

We have the worlds best plugs, unless they are upside down. Then they full buckets with blood.