I am selling these pokémon cards...

Zenaxor

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the best place to be posting this sorta thing, but I could not find anywhere else that was closest to this. I got a few Pokémon Cards I want to sell, and all I need to know is how much they are worth. If you have any questions about the cards, I can answer them... because they're right next to me. Anyway, here are the cards. (BTW, they are all from 1995 accept Snorlax, he is from 2007. This is just in case you can't see the date at the bottom that well.)IMG_4166.JPGIMG_4168.JPGIMG_4169.JPGIMG_4170.JPG

IMG_4164.JPGIMG_4165.JPG

These are worth a dollar each at the most, the Persian and Snorlax one far less.

Pokémon card prices are largely based on the condition of the cards, which is something no media covering "thousands of dollar Charizard card!!!" mentions. These cards all look to be in a very worn state, especially the Persian and Snorlax cards with its creasing and general dirt and stuff on it.

If you want to look up the value of the cards, these are the sets they belong to (in order beginning with Machoke and ending with Snorlax):

Base set, Base set, Fossil, Fossil, Jungle, Boundaries Crossed.

You can look up the cards (by the set and number on them) on something like Trolls and Toads or eBay to get a rough idea of the value in great (or better) condition, but this is really not worth anything.

You're best off gifting these to someone who likes Pokémon, but never got to grow up with the older cards.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I'm not sure where you would sell them, but if the ones from 1995 are in decent condition and legit, I could imagine them going for a fair bit of money. Nowadays most people look for newer but rare cards, but I'm sure some people would warm up to these, there has to be some vintage pokemon cards collectors out there.

Good Luck!

None of them are from 1995, the trading card only started in 96 and that was japan only for a few years. Those cards from 1999 as it says at the end.

Just now, daniielrp said:

None of them are from 1995, the trading card only started in 96 and that was japan only for a few years. Those cards from 1999 as it says at the end.

Thank you for enlightening me with this new information.

4 minutes ago, NotJude said:

I'm not sure where you would sell them, but if the ones from 1995 are in decent condition and legit, I could imagine them going for a fair bit of money. Nowadays most people look for newer but rare cards, but I'm sure some people would warm up to these, there has to be some vintage pokemon cards collectors out there.

Good Luck!

As a Pokémon card collector (even of old cards) I can tell you these cards really are not rare and really not valuable in this condition. I still run across batches of older cards nowadays at flea markets (not as much as years ago, but still plenty) to make these cards not a rare sight. Any 'vintage Pokémon card collector' should really have these cards because of their rarity (or lack there of) anyways, that is why I said in my post to maybe gift/sell them to someone who didn't grow up in that era or cards

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If they where rare cards and holo they probably be worth a bit more.  But by the looks of those they are pretty worn out.

I have cards myself, but I tend to hoard dragon type cards (I actually one time had a guy offer me a few hundred for my large magic the garthing collection).  Think I still have a old holo Venasaur from the basic set.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

8 minutes ago, Minibois said:

As a Pokémon card collector (even of old cards) I can tell you these cards really are not rare and really not valuable in this condition. I still run across batches of older cards nowadays at flea markets (not as much as years ago, but still plenty) to make these cards not a rare sight. Any 'vintage Pokémon card collector' should really have these cards because of their rarity (or lack there of) anyways, that is why I said in my post to maybe gift/sell them to someone who didn't grow up in that era or cards

Mystery: Debunked

36 minutes ago, NotJude said:

Mystery: Debunked

"Old Pokémon cards are always worth a lot"

myth-busted.jpg