Dark Matter being sold on Steam despite the ending being so horrible & it is this way because the Indie devs ran out of $$$$$

DeViLzzz

http://www.gamefront.com/indie-game-ends-4-hours-in-because-devs-ran-out-of-cash/comment-page-1/#comment-398617

Seriously this kind of thing is just disgusting.  Yes they ran out of cash but they could not come up with a better ending than this ?  Are you serious ?

Valve also should be shot for continuing to allow garbage to be sold on their Steam service.

I think this story is WAN Show material for sure.  My God the ending.  I can only imagine Linus's and Slick's face.  Imagine having paid money and getting that for an ending ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you are complaining about how I described this in the title it had to be said that way and it has since been edited but anyway .....  How about getting back to the topic ?  The company that did this is  for a game and Valve is worse for allowing this crap to be sold.

Your ridiculous to put out a title like that

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Valve also should be shot for continuing to allow garbage to be sold on their Steam service.

The thing is Valve don't want to act like policemen either when it comes to including games on steam. When the community votes for a game to be included it tends to get greenlit...

It's a fine line, if they start picking and choosing things could get ugly as well.

I think as far as possible they should let the market speak.

It's an incomplete game, but they didn't lie about the content. The store page specifically states how many levels there are, and that's how many levels are in the game.

I also sympathize with their situation. Despite the bad press, I hope they use the funds they've made to give closure to the game.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The thing is Valve don't want to act like policemen either when it comes to including games on steam. When the community votes for a game to be included it tends to get greenlit...

It's a fine line, if they start picking and choosing things could get ugly as well.

I think as far as possible they should let the market speak.

Yeah I don't want to see Indie games developing hurt because of Valve going too far but really can they make sure games are complete in a way that is proper ?  Heck what about the fiasco with that survival horror game War Z or Day Z or whatever they call it now ? LOL  Also on Steam they sell Day One: Garry's Incident.  Seriously these are some really bad games that were not ready for sale and if the people running the Valve store even took the time to look at these games and give them a little go through before putting them in the store they would know they might not want to sell them.  Games like these indirectly ruin the Valve/Steam name.  Selling garbage is not a good thing.

It's an incomplete game, but they didn't lie about the content. The store page specifically states how many levels there are, and that's how many levels are in the game.

I also sympathize with their situation. Despite the bad press, I hope they use the funds they've made to give closure to the game.

Was this stated the day the game went on sale ?  I haven't had a chance to read up on the Steam pages yet and maybe more info on this is there if you don't know but I was just too shocked by the video I saw and wanted to share that here first before looking into more things about this game and the story behind it.

Interesting information discussed here ....

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1osqna/dark_matter_steam_15_abruptly_ends_4_hours_in

and here is a play through of the game in beta form which seems to be exactly like the so called complete game ...

http://www.twitch.tv/wearetheromantics/b/425726933

also some good comments here on this YouTube channel of the guy playing the game and shocked at the ending ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTPS_GGhMqk

Either comment on the topic at hand or don't comment at all. No need for all the comments on the title. 

I think it would be nice if Valve implemented a system of sort that acts as a pseudo filter for games like this (I'm not saying this game is bad, just the ending... like, WTF was that?) by having a small anonymous community/team who test the games before it's released to the public. 

Looking through how many games are released per batch, I don't think it would be too hard (most recent batch was 37, with 224 "Greenlit" games and 101 released games). This would allow feedback from people who aren't the developers, etc. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini