Macbook Air or Razer Blade Stealth

Best Laptop for around 1 grand  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you go with?

• Macbook Air 2015
    • Razer Blade Stealth

Plannin to buy a laptop for around 1 grand, i came across a decision. Getting the macbook air 2015 i7 model or the razer blade stealth laptop base model.

I would get neither, they are high end laptops but they are not business high end laptops. If I was to buy a 12" Ultrabook for $1,800USD, I'd get one that I know will last and can repair cheaply, (A business grade laptop such as a HP Elitebook 840 G3)

Do you not hate windows? Do you need to interact with anything more complicated than a usb stick? Stay away from apple. Unless you really want the software I would never buy that overpriced crap especially becasue the blde stealth is around now, is also sleek looking with great build quality and overs disproportional amounts of power compared to a crapbook.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Ignoring the obvious "apple is rubbish because apple" argument ^^^

I wouldn't go for a MacBook Air at the moment as they haven't had a significant update for a while, and don't really fit in anywhere in the line up now - no Retina display, old keyboard, old trackpad, old design. The Retina MacBook is far superior in many respects to the air, fair enough the airs have i5/i7 - but they low powered ones and for most workloads the MacBook will do the job. 

I would wait til Apple announce the new MacBooks (rumoured for later this year) and see what they show. 

10 hours ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Do you not hate windows? Do you need to interact with anything more complicated than a usb stick? Stay away from apple. Unless you really want the software I would never buy that overpriced crap especially becasue the blde stealth is around now, is also sleek looking with great build quality and overs disproportional amounts of power compared to a crapbook.

and a pig can also fly.

It has been proven over and over that a blade is a piece of shit. So many quality control problems, so you might get one that is broken FROM THE START. It is badly put together, so build quality is bad. Every single model of the blade also thermal throttles, so guess what that craptop cannot even give you the full performance of the CPU. So guess what it is not only overpriced, but also a CRAPTOP.

If you didn't know it, the way you put the laptop together matters A LOT.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.