Best Air CPU Cooler

mpsparrow
10 minutes ago, vagabond139 said:

http://www.overclockers.com/scythe-fuma-heatsink-review/ 

According to this review its only about 2 dba louder than a D15 with both at full speed while the Fuma cooling about 4C better. In that review you linked two they didn't run the D15 at low speed. Also mounting pressure is key for its performance which is likely in the frostytech review its behind the D15 performance wise.

The convex shape seems to be better for 115x than 2011 looking at the results from Frostytech. 

It seems like results are a bit spread out when it comes to the Fuma's performance. I personally see it as just a Ninja 4 variant with a more compact design which lends to a few differences including being louder at load. 

I would like to get a hold of a Fuma to play with but can't justify it just yet. That being said, I can say 2dBA louder isn't the best description of how it sounds compared to the NH-D15 or NH-U14S. Unlike the Noctuas, the Slipstreams included with the Fuma have a pretty audible clicking and isn't as smooth sounding.

That being said, I would recommend going with the Fuma if the pricing was anything like that in the US and the OP wasn't shooting for the quietest solution.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The convex shape seems to be better for 115x than 2011 looking at the results from Frostytech. 

It seems like results are a bit spread out when it comes to the Fuma's performance. I personally see it as just a Ninja 4 variant with a more compact design which lends to a few differences including being louder at load. 

I would like to get a hold of a Fuma to play with but can't justify it just yet. That being said, I can say 2dBA louder isn't the best description of how it sounds compared to the NH-D15 or NH-U14S. Unlike the Noctuas, the Slipstreams included with the Fuma have a pretty audible clicking and isn't as smooth sounding.

That being said, I would recommend going with the Fuma if the pricing was anything like that in the US and the OP wasn't shooting for the quietest solution.

I have a Fuma but no other dual tower coolers or 240mm/280mm AIO coolers to compare it to unfortunately I really don't hear any clicking from the fans and they overall are pretty silent at full speed but then again I haven't measured the dba and I have a bunch of other fans.

On 14-10-2016 at 7:22 PM, WoodenMarker said:

On 14-10-2016 at 5:30 PM, vagabond139 said:

A Sytche Fuma. It out performs the Noctua D15, Cryorig R1, Dark Rock Pro 3, etc. While being smaller and cheaper and about just as quiet.

I'm not seeing how it performs better than the NH-D15 or R1 while being as quiet. It often has to ramp up fans to keep up with any of the large dual tower heatsinks.

In the tests I look at I see them more trading blows, so looking purely at performance I would not say it is always a clear win for the Fuma or the other depending what point you compare. So as with many cases it depends on what point you look and what has the most usefull scenario for you. Most important factor for me personally is that the Fuma achieves this for a decent step less in cost, while the performance difference where it is outperformed is overall just a few 10th of Celsius when compared at same decibel lvls. This makes it for me the best aircooler to recommend.

A pro for the Noctua's I find the fans. Ugly, but so reliable. But from the Scythe they also perform good, so i don't see that as a negative for them.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list