Google Chrome fullscreen bug

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forums, but I heard I could get help from here. So I've been having this issue for while now, can't even remember how long. As you can see in the image, my wallpaper is showing up when I open YouTube in fullscreen on Chrome. This only happens on Chrome, I tested on Edge and Waterfox and they are working fine, but Chrome has all the addons I like. This also seems to happen on Twitch and Netflix, so probably all fullscreen videos are off the table. I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and it didn't change the bug (I did upgrade so it kept all my files on my computer). For Chrome Plugins, I have AdBlock, BetterTTV, Bitly, Dark Skin for Youtube, Enchanced Steam, FrankerFaceZ, Linkclump, Magic Actions for YouTube, My Chrome Theme, Oddshot, True Key, TunnelBear, Twitch Now, TwitchAlerts Stream Labels and all the Chrome Preinstalled plugins all enabled.

I really hope to get help from here, as I really cannot watch any videos on my monitor fullscreen without being annoyed. Sorry for my terrible english, I'm finnish and trying my best :D

Thanks!

fullscreenbug.jpg

The neverending project that is my computer: Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 / Asus Maximus VII Ranger / i5-4670K @4.2Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 / Gigabyte GTX 780 Rev2.0 OC / 960GBs of SSDs / 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz / Corsair RM650 / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

My life pretty much consists of these things: 

• Spotify (1500hrs in 2015)
  • YouTube (takes surprisingly huge amounts of my free time)
  • Upgrading my PC (like every other day, FML)
  • Work (uneducated idiot at McDonald's :) )
  • Leds everywhere (I mean... Everywhere) 
  • My stupid car (Suzuki Ignis MK II 2004 M15A 1.5L AWD with "upgrades" to my liking)
  • Coffee (man I love me some good coffee)
  • Snus (Odens, Revel, Offroad... Preferred one is Odens Extreme White Dry, but I like most swedish snus :x )

You need to do a clean install. The upgrade process is broken and causes all kinds of weird issues like this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Move your files to a secondary or external drive, clean install, then move them back.

It's not hard.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

You need to do a clean install. The upgrade process is broken and causes all kinds of weird issues like this.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Move your files to a secondary or external drive, clean install, then move them back.

It's not hard.

Hey man,

I used to have this problem on a clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit so the bug isn't new. Maybe a clean install would help, but I would really like to keep all my files since I have so much I would have to move to external drives.

Thanks for your reply!

The neverending project that is my computer: Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 / Asus Maximus VII Ranger / i5-4670K @4.2Ghz / Noctua NH-D14 / Gigabyte GTX 780 Rev2.0 OC / 960GBs of SSDs / 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz / Corsair RM650 / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

• My stupid car (Suzuki Ignis MK II 2004 M15A 1.5L AWD with "upgrades" to my liking)
  • Snus (Odens, Revel, Offroad... Preferred one is Odens Extreme White Dry, but I like most swedish snus :x )

Try disabling all extensions, see if that helps and enable them one by one till you find the one causing it, I doubt a clean install will fix it, it has to be in the extensions themselves.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

5 minutes ago, EliasNM said:

Try disabling all extensions, see if that helps and enable them one by one till you find the one causing it, I doubt a clean install will fix it, it has to be in the extensions themselves.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I actually tried disabling all extensions, and this still kept happening.

I have had this happen once before to me, on Windows 7 - the culprit was faulty AMD beta drivers, in my case. Could be the problem here.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

13 minutes ago, kirashi said:

I have had this happen once before to me, on Windows 7 - the culprit was faulty AMD beta drivers, in my case. Could be the problem here.

Hey dude. Once I installed W10, I also installed the most recent Nvidia drivers. I highly doubt the drivers would've been faulty for over a year though, but who knows.

Thanks for the reply!

Have you checked if you have 2 adobe flashes in chrome via chrome://plugins, that could be also a cause, I remember vaguely that it happened in a beta version awhile back.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

1 minute ago, EliasNM said:

Have you checked if you have 2 adobe flashes in chrome via chrome://plugins, that could be also a cause, I remember vaguely that it happened in a beta version awhile back.

Nope, only one flash player. Thanks for the reply though!

nopeflash.png