Narrowing down my options

Hey all,

I made a tread yesterday asking advice about if One Plus 2 was a good choice. This thread made my reevaluate my options and I have new list of contenders now. I would appreciate any and all opinions, be it positive or negative.

What the phone will be used for:

Mostly Reddit and Spotify. A lot of spotify. be it via my crappy earbuds (I'l look into getting better ones) or in the car via AUX. 

Games, probably not but maybe a little. I've had Sony Xperia SP for two+ years now, and I haven't played a single game with it. I have PC for this purpose ;)

Geocaching. I might be jumping around some dank forest now and then, so I'm not sure if I want to get the most expensive item for this because there is a chance that I will break it.

I'm looking for a  life span of 1.5 - 2 years. Tech moves fast, 300€ phone in two years time will be probably twice as powerful regardless of what I get now. 

In the end, all of these will be a huge upgrade over my Xperia SP.

---

Moto G4 Plus 16GB 2GB RAM at 270€

Very well priced, my ideal budget being around 200€-300€

Its still very new and gets updated.

Not too special?

Nexus X5 32Gb 2GB RAM at 350€

I absolutely love the design

Pure android

Seems expensive for what it is

Over 20 day wait to get one (Where did all of these phones go?!)

One Plus 2 64Gb 4GB RAM at 300€

Looks very "premium" 

Great specs

I hear that the OS isn't the most stable one?

One Plus 3 64Gb 6GB RAM at  400€

The flagship, absolutely killer phone.

I don't think that I need this much power.

The price will hurt. I could, but should I?

Also, if you have something to suggest that you think that would fit my needs, do share!

2 minutes ago, Jaska95 said:

Hey all,

I made a tread yesterday asking advice about if One Plus 2 was a good choice. This thread made my reevaluate my options and I have new list of contenders now. I would appreciate any and all opinions, be it positive or negative.

Mostly Reddit and Spotify. A lot of spotify. be it via my crappy earbuds (I'l look into getting better ones) or in the car via AUX. 

Games, probably not but maybe a little. I've had Sony Xperia SP for two+ years now, and I haven't played a single game with it. I have PC for this purpose ;)

Geocaching. I might be jumping around some dank forest now and then, so I'm not sure if I want to get the most expensive item for this because there is a chance that I will break it.

I'm looking for a  life span of 1.5 - 2 years. Tech moves fast, 300€ phone in two years time will be probably twice as powerful regardless of what I get now. 

---

Not too special?

Pure android

Looks very "premium" 

Great specs

Also, if you have something to suggest that you think that would fit my needs, do share!

The one plus 3 would obviously be the best choice but, only if you can spend that much.

Personally i would go with the one plus 2 if money was an issue.

3 hours ago, Jaska95 said:

Snip

The OnePlus two would probably strike the best balance between price and performance. I in fact have the Oneplus 2 and still love it. The stock OS is pretty stable but I have been running custom OS for a very long time now. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

18 minutes ago, Jaska95 said:

Hey all,

---

Not too special?

Pure android

Looks very "premium" 

Great specs

would reccomend blu vivo 5 (cause a friend has it)

and obi worldphone sf1s design is just so good