How can i improve my cooling on my PC

Hi guys, 

I got my new Corsair 760T Black and Red. Now i want to know what cooling i should get, fans or liquid cooling or even a custom loop.

My temps are really high

My i7 6700K runs on 60 to 70 degrees on a 4.4 overclock my cheap old DeepCool Gammaxx 400

My MSI R9 390 8GB runs at 90 degrees with only a small overclock!

So i currently have the 3 stock fans running, 2 infront and 1 in back. 

My budget is about $200 to $300 

So what would u guys recommend doing geting a liquid cpu cooler, but i also want a gpu cooler then.

Thanks in advance.

hotcoolfool11

this is a nice solution : 2 fan intake at front and AIO Exhaust at top

kraken x61

Lepa Aquachanger 240

Corsair H110i

Poseidon

can be really efficient coolers.

you can also delid

corsair-760t-1.jpg

if GPU is still hot after you can use Kraken G10 to cool it + any 120mm cooler listed on Kraken G10 compliant AIO list

39 minutes ago, belfouf said:

kraken x61

Lepa Aquachanger 240

Corsair H110i

Poseidon

you can also delid

for GPU cooling you can use Kraken G10 + any 120mm cooler listed on Kraken G10 compliant AIO list

Wow thanks.  But where will the gpu cooler sit?

3 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Wow thanks.  But where will the gpu cooler sit?

at the back. I've done it on my config :

_6101474.jpg

31 minutes ago, belfouf said:

at the back. I've done it on my config :

Wow that look epic! What cables are those? The red and black power pins

1 minute ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Wow that look epic! What cables are those? The red and black power pins

thanks, it can easily be found, type "sleeved psu extension" on google

14 minutes ago, belfouf said:

kraken x61

Lepa Aquachanger 240

Corsair H110i

Poseidon

you can also delid 

if GPU is still hot after you can use Kraken G10 to cool it + any 120mm cooler listed on Kraken G10 compliant AIO list

I would suggest that nobody should delid his CPU. Especially when we are talking about that expensive tech. Warranty will be voided, and there are real danger issues for delidding. Even if you delid, it is a gamble if you will get better cooling. Too much of a gamble for that little improvement, if it works.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

@belfouf

Ok i think of going with a Corsair H100i GTX, im not sure im taking the gpu cooler, ill just order a MSI 1070 in place of it.

Just a question does the cpu coolet take alot of power?

21 minutes ago, slanensis said:

I would suggest that nobody should delid his CPU. Especially when we are talking about that expensive tech. Warranty will be voided, and there are real danger issues for delidding. Even if you delid, it is a gamble if you will get better cooling. Too much of a gamble for that little improvement, if it works.

Yes but don't u think a corsair H100i GTX will cool my CPU better than my DeepCool Gammaxx 400

1 hour ago, belfouf said:

thanks, it can easily be found, type "sleeved psu extension" on google

Do u think the new AIO Exhaust will also help my cases airflow, improve my GPU temps?

18 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Do u think the new AIO Exhaust will also help my cases airflow, improve my GPU temps?

well it's surprising that your GPU is this hot while taking air from 2 intake fans.

the AIO will decrease your MTB temps adding 2 more fans for exhaust that will push heat above instead of radiating it around the Ventirad currently. It will reduce case heat a lot, but I can't promise how much effect it will have on GPU. What are your case temp anyway ?

yes if you can affort a 1070 you won't regret it, but that's more money. Your decision to take anyway

4 minutes ago, belfouf said:

well it's surprising that your GPU is this hot while taking air from 2 intake fans.

the AIO will decrease your MTB temps adding 2 more fans for exhaust that will push heat above instead of radiating it around the Ventirad currently. It will reduce case heat a lot, but I can't promise how much effect it will have on GPU. What are your case temp anyway ?

yes if you can affort a 1070 you won't regret it, but that's more money. Your decision to take anyway

I have a digital number( i cant get the word) on my motherboard and its says about 45 to 55 degrees

Your cpu temps aren't high. 

Your graphics card temps are though. What settings are you using for the oc?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

I have a digital number( i cant get the word) on my motherboard and its says about 45 to 55 degrees

this is totally fine, then your GPU won't benefit from the AIO cooling

1 minute ago, belfouf said:

this is totally fine, then your GPU won't benefit from the AIO cooling

Forgot to mention 25 to 30 is idle, 45 to 50 is on full load

On 10/11/2016 at 11:40 AM, slanensis said:

true I should have warned

23 hours ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Forgot to mention 25 to 30 is idle, 45 to 50 is on full load

same problem,

the CPU is warm but not dangerously. Cooling it more will increase life expectancy but not reacting is not an issue

GPU is really hot when used. Did you use afterburner and increased mv ?

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Your cpu temps aren't high. 

Your graphics card temps are though. What settings are you using for the oc?

Ok, 

Im running Company of Heroes 2 on max settings

Cpu running at 4.4 overclock

With a temp 55 degrees

Gpu running at  core1090mhz overclock and  1500mhz memory overclock 

With a temp of 75 degrees

But its evening now and alot cooler here, midday the temperature around here reached 34 degrees celcuis.

Gpu running at  core1090mhz overclock and  1500mhz memory overclock 

With a temp of 75 degrees

What voltage settings are you using and what stress test are you using for temps? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What voltage settings are you using and what stress test are you using for temps? 

Must i run 3dmarks' time spy? Its directX 12

Must i run 3dmarks' time spy? Its directX 12

No, where'd you get that idea?

I'm asking for your voltage settings and the stress test you're using for temps? 

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm asking for your voltage settings and the stress test you're using for temps? 

Sorry im a bit new to pc building and overclocking and such. Ill provide a picture of my voltage settings. I just used company of heroes 2, becuase i saw how warm my pc was getting

1476211004834-881574446.jpg

1476211144069-584412708.jpg

4 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Sorry im a bit new to pc building and overclocking and such. Ill provide a picture of my voltage settings. I just used company of heroes 2, becuase i saw how warm my pc was getting

It doesn't seem like you're using any high voltage settings. What were you running when you reached 90c on your gpu?

16 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Plus sometimes i get these wierd black squares on my screen when palying or doing time spy do u know why?

Just now, hotcoolfool11 said:

Plus sometimes i get these wierd black squares on my screen when palying or doing time spy do u know why?

If that is with your oc settings on, it sounds like your oc is unstable. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

It doesn't seem like you're using any high voltage settings. What were you running when you reached 90c on your gpu?

I was running at 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

If that is with your oc settings on, it sounds like your oc is unstable. 

My core is 1100mhz and memory is 1500mhz

8 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

I was running at 

My core is 1100mhz and memory is 1500mhz

I was asking the stress test. Have you been using Company of Heroes the whole time to test temps?

There aren't any specific settings that are guaranteed to work asides from stock. If your oc is unstable, dial it back.