Your Top Shooter for Pure Gameplay

Askew

Nothing else about the title matters apart from the actual shooting gameplay, so sound, story, graphics/effects, characters, setting are not relevant.

When you want to just jump in an shoot things, what game does that single thing the best?

I would go with Quake, I adore the strafe jumping level bouncing ultra fast pace action, it satisfies my fraglust like no other.

However I know everyone is different, so I'd like to know, what's YOUR favourite way to frag?

MW2

:ph34r:

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

If you play as an archer in chivalry: medieval warfare is that considered a shooter?

Although Chivalry is first person action, it has shooter elements (archery/throwing) I would count that part of it at least, it's first person and it's firing something.

That's the kind of answer I'm after anyway for the thread, the type of shooting that satisfies the player the most.

I have Chivalry on Steam but I've not tried out the archery yet maybe I'll have to go try it now I've read your comment :)

BF4 with 90% above average players. Noobs kind of break the game, no matter if they're in your team. When they're in your team its worse.

I know how to find these conditions, probably what kept me playing atleast double the time before preffering other activities.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Far Cry 3 :D

MW2

:ph34r:

This. MW2 was the last good CoD shooter experience imo. 

Aside from that BF in general.

Haven't played CS:GO, TF2, FC3, or Chivalry yet, so I can't comment on those. But CoD (older ones) and BF are good for either fast paced twitch shooter or tactical slow paced (somewhat) shooter. Both I like.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This. MW2 was the last good CoD shooter experience imo. 

Aside from that BF in general.

Haven't played CS:GO, TF2, FC3, or Chivalry yet, so I can't comment on those. But CoD (older ones) and BF are good for either fast paced twitch shooter or tactical slow paced (somewhat) shooter. Both I like.

CSGO FC3 and Chivalry are all amazing. Definitely play them when you get the chance :)

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

BF3 is a close second for me, I have spent 60hrs just playing TDM on Noshahr because dat feel of the gunplay on that map together with the really good mantle mechanic is very addictive.

CSGO FC3 and Chivalry are all amazing. Definitely play them when you get the chance :)

I own CS:Source, I will be getting FC3 with the Never Settle bundle, and I own Chivalry, just don't have time to play it. :P

Once I get my R9 290X...

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

CoD 4 the last CoD I actually I liked and played forever also enjoyed Battlefield 3 but CoD 4 is the winner for me.

UT3 

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Blacklight retribution and tribes are tied for first place. with planetside 2 as a close second

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Crysis 3, i enjoyed every aspect of it, almost (multiplayer is too copetetive, still fun tho).

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Well not a fan of the Hitscan shooters..

BF and Arma are my go to games

Battlefield 3, black ops 2, and CS: GO are all good:)

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

CS 1.6

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

bf3/4.

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler