x99a Xpower Titanium vs X99a Godlike Gaming vs X99 Strix vs X99 Designare

Go to solution Solved by airdeano,

i'd have to go strix, the UEFI on the MSI boards are way too short to keep up with the demands of the consumer market. still not a fan of giggy boards.

me personally, all the RGB phoo-phoo is accent lighting gone bad. more gidgets and gadgets to not sync with your needs.

TTL has issues on the titanium, jayz with the godlike which pretty much removes MSI for me.

I need a X99 board, and im stuck between these 4 boards, the MSI X99 Titanium, Msi Godlike Gaming, Asus X99 Strix, and the Gygabyte X99 Designare.

I currently have 3 390xs, and a m.2 ssd, so these 4 boards cover that. Not sure which one would be better. I will be overclocking, although not extremely.

Thanks

They are all very well feature packed.

Your budget does not change my recommendation, you will not get anything useful by going with a more expensive board on the X99 platform, unless you are overclocking on sub-zero (you said you won't be doing that so....yeah, get the cheapest or the most visually appealing to you).

Just now, MoraisGT said:

They are all very well feature packed.

Your budget does not change my recommendation, you will not get anything useful by going with a more expensive board on the X99 platform, unless you are overclocking on sub-zero (you said you won't be doing that so....yeah, get the cheapest or the most visually appelaing to you).

ahh.

which one would you choose, if not considering cost?

Read the title and my brain just went "WOAH that's a whole lot of X99" xD

Get the one that suits your system build the best, they're all pretty feature-packed. I personally like the Strix for its Batman-ish style :P

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

1 minute ago, Thorimus said:

Read the title and my brain just went "WOAH that's a whole lot of X99" xD

Get the one that suits your system build the best, they're all pretty feature-packed. I personally like the Strix for its Batman-ish style :P

LOL. didnt know how to shorten the title :)

Just now, MoraisGT said:

It would have to suit my build, as I have a white case, I would go with the Titanium....just because of the looks, nothing else ;)

I see.

Ive got a bloack case :)

Thanks

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Oh, in that case you want ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

You can't go wrong with that since you have the money.

That thing is a beast, costs half of my entire PC :(

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

Ill get that one then:(

matches my case too.

It really is the board to own if you want to OC HWE or BWE chips and have a shitload of features.

1 minute ago, Thorimus said:

That thing is a beast, costs half of my entire PC :(

lmao :)

Just now, done12many2 said:

It really is the board to own if you want to OC HWE or BWE chips and have a shitload of features.

i have a 5820k, so... :)

i'd have to go strix, the UEFI on the MSI boards are way too short to keep up with the demands of the consumer market. still not a fan of giggy boards.

me personally, all the RGB phoo-phoo is accent lighting gone bad. more gidgets and gadgets to not sync with your needs.

TTL has issues on the titanium, jayz with the godlike which pretty much removes MSI for me.

17 minutes ago, airdeano said:

Sounds good to me airdeano :)

Im probably going to set the color permanently on yellow if i get the formula 10