Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, GFWL removed from steam version, 75 % off this weekend

Flamewalker

1561738-500x_batman_goty.jpg

GFWL copy protection and features (including achievements) have been removed from both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City. The upgraded Steam versions now include Steam Achievements, cloud support, Big Picture support, full controller support and Steam Trading Cards.

People who already have it on steam get a patch that removes gfwl, although you will loose your saves since they aren't compatible. 
Another reason to play Arkham Asylum again i guess :P

Source;http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/18/batman-arkham-games-ditch-games-for-windows-live-75-off-on-st/

Not buying it since I still hate WB for what they did to MERP. Best mod ever and they killed it :(

Not buying it since I still hate WB for what they did to MERP. Best mod ever and they killed it :(

to an extent but there existed a major bug effecting effecting the size of th land mass  inside the games engine.

it was also their choice to move from oblivion to skyrm  they could have just kept with oblivion (or hell stayed with morrowind) but they decided that porting the resources to skyrim was then best choice, something that has always boggled my mind.

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

When it comes to removing GFWL from a game and losing your saves, I gladly will lose my saves.

I was glad when I saw this, as I bought the big bundle on GMG with the 25% off voucher about a week and a half ago. Except they did the change when I was in the middle of AA, so I wasn't too happy to replay the first 2/3rds of the game to finish it xD

Now, I'm just waiting for Dark Souls, RE5, and the Dead Rising games to remove GFWL and my library will be safe from the death date. I really hope gamers won't have to petition for these companies to release patches to solve these issues :-\

Sweet, I can finally play them now. Still haven't installed since buying them several Steam sales ago. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2