My NCASE M1 Build

theMystery

Hello everyone!

At the very beginning of my thread, I must apologize to you that my english is not very good:P, actually I never thought to build a SFF System until I met the NCASE M1 on a Chinese Hardware Lover's Forum, and I thought this case is AMAZING! So since the last three months I've been planning to build an ITX PC. Finally I finished my NCASE M1 build in last few days and I want to share this build with you.

Parts List:

• CPU: Intel i7 6700K
  • MotherBoard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT Z170
  • Graphics Card: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1070 O8G GAMING
  • Memory: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB (16GBx2) 3000MHz C15
  • PSU: CORSAIR SF600
  • Hard Drive: Intel 750 2.5'' SSD + WD 2.5'' 1TB Black
  • Case: NCASE M1 V5.0 (No ODD Slot)
  • CPU Cooler: CORSAIR H100i v2
  • Fans: Noctua NF-F12 x 2 (Replace the H100i v2 original fan), Noctua NF-A9x14 (Case back air inlet), SilverStone SST-FW121 x 2 (Case bottom air inlet)

These are my parts list, when I clicked the "Buy Now" button of STRIX GTX1070 O8G GAMING, I forgot to check the size can or cannot fit NCASE M1, According to THIS IMAGE from official website, the STRIX GTX1070 O8G GAMING is cannot fit NCASE M1 because the size is 298 x 134 x 40mm, and the image says the Maximum height of card is 111mm when card length over 292mm, so I was worried it wouldn't fit until I found a NCASE build whith STRIX 1080 on Reddit. Yes! it can fit the case!!

Spoiler

Aq7hp4g.jpg

Assemble

As you know the i7 6700K used thermal compound beteween core and top cover for cooling, but it works not very well. So I used the "CoolLaboratory Liquid Ultra" to replace thermal compound.

Spoiler

JmFXuE8.jpg

And these are final pictures. You can see the STRIX 1070 fits in the NCASE M1 and Almost no extra space, so it's very difficult to install the STRIX 1070, if you do that, you must be very carefully. And I replaced the screws with inner hexagon screws and red washer for nice looking.

Spoiler

jOmIQoU.jpg

yDVOBJo.jpg

E9ilIiO.jpg

Because the STRIX 1070 is very long and heavy, I thought I should use something to prop it up, but I didn't found any product fits this case and card, so I made a strut by myself with screw, washer and nut, put it between the card and bottom fan, not bad right?xD

Spoiler

fyPQpxA.jpg

I added dust filter at every air inlet, the case top and right side(mother board back side) filter I used the DemciFilter which a filter maker from South Africa, top filter is good, but there was a problem of side filter-----it's too thick to fit the case, I can't close the side chasis cover if I use this filter, so I abandoned the side filter and fix it, use the 3M double side tape to put it on the PSU air inlet. There also had a problem with back 90mm fan, I can't find a perfect 90mm filter for it, so I made a filter with eh... stocking:D

Spoiler

r4N3eik.jpg

rP65ipN.jpg

Final

Build Complete! I used a suspension bracket to place the NCASE M1, and put the Wi-Fi moving antennas on the bracket. Thank you for watching!

Spoiler

Y9b684i.jpg

PDptRfU.jpg

Nice, probably the best mitx case in existence.

Too bad they don't have a white version... :/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you'd have used Gskill Trident Z ram we'd almost have the same build as each other.

I still prefer my slightly bigger Manta. Cool build!

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Nice, probably the best mitx case in existence.

Too bad they don't have a white version... :/

PAint

3 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

PAint

Never looks as good as factory :C

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Beautiful build, love that case although I'll never be able to get my hands on one

17 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Agreed, there is just something about painting that isn't as nice in some cases.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

I think maybe you should try the car wrap film? Like 3M Wrap Film Series 1080? Should be better than paint the case.

Could be, but 1080 winyl is kinda frigile, you need to watch out for and friction with case... Well paint is also fragile but when you put good amount of clear coat it is fairly durable. 

clean

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

Temps?

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

8 minutes ago, descrom93 said:

Temps?

CPU full load temps is about 54℃(Running Prime95 v28.9 In-Place large FFTs), GPU is about 70℃(Running 3D Mark Fire Strike)

32 minutes ago, theMystery said:

CPU full load temps is about 54℃(Running Prime95 v28.9 In-Place large FFTs), GPU is about 70℃(Running 3D Mark Fire Strike)

Thanks! Did you test the CPU before you delidded it?

Intel i5-6600K, be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Asus MAXIMUS VIII Gene, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, GTX 1080 EVGA FTW, Thermaltake Core v21, Seasonic M12II 850W

7 minutes ago, descrom93 said:

Thanks! Did you test the CPU before you delidded it?

Yes, the CPU full load temp is about 67-69℃ before I delidded it, but the core voltage is not so high(1.232v for OC 4.5GHz), so I think the thermal compound maybe is the reason.