Apple issues recall for faulty MacBook Air storage drives

ETRJ

its not that big of a deal. and at least there is a recall so that people can fix the issue before it happens to them (for those who haven't been affected yet)

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

its not that big of a deal. and at least there is a recall so that people can fix the issue before it happens to them (for those who haven't been affected yet)

true

Apple seems to have lots of fails recently: IOS 7 bugs and iphone 5C not selling as well. But great that they found out this problem and recalled them.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

GG Apple, Glad they recall their product for free replacement. Only thing I'm curious is will people who don't update system regulary know if their mac has faulty SSD? From what I read, user will be notified if they update their system with latest firmware. Will other who don't update know if they got faulty SSD?

GG Apple, Glad they recall their product for free replacement. Only thing I'm curious is will people who don't update system regulary know if their mac has faulty SSD? From what I read, user will be notified if they update their system with latest firmware. Will other who don't update know if they got faulty SSD?

Apple are expecting people to be updating, if something fails people tend to take it straight to Apple anyway so I wouldn't expect it to be a big deal but I see where you're coming from.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Apple are expecting people to be updating, if something fails people tend to take it straight to Apple anyway so I wouldn't expect it to be a big deal but I see where you're coming from.

Yeah, for me personally, I always update my system but more than half of my friends don't. Especially those who use Mac, they don't even know iWork which make me feel like this.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Apple made lots of fails recently but I have to say their OS is pretty awesome. I used hackintosh PC before move to Windows 8 on my new laptop, that hackintosh is solid, no random error + buttery smooth UI  :D