I need help fast <3 plz

wolfwolf

hello guys i like to buy the headphones  BEYERDYNAMIC DT 770 PRO 80 and i have motherboard ASRock N68C-GS FX (CPUSocket)
what do you think how much max impedance can i get and other stuffs will be more then the clouds 1 or 

Don't look at the ohm, the DT770 are not that hard to drive, because the drivers are fairly sensitive, my phone can power them, so try with onboard first.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

Don't look at the ohm, the DT770 are not that hard to drive, because the drivers are fairly sensitive, my phone can power them, so try with onboard first.

what do you think do i buy this headphones are they good 

1 minute ago, wolfwolf said:

what do you think do i buy this headphones are they good 

They are good, at lot of people think they sound similar to the clouds, but they have higher audio quality and are more comfy, so if you like the sound of the clouds then you will like the sound of the DT770. They have a elevated bass (not that much) and treble and a nice soundstage for a closed headphone.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

20 minutes ago, wolfwolf said:

hello guys i like to buy the headphones  BEYERDYNAMIC DT 770 PRO 80 and i have motherboard ASRock N68C-GS FX (CPUSocket)
what do you think how much max impedance can i get and other stuffs will be more then the clouds 1 or 

Not sure I get the question. Do you want higher impedance? Impedance (in simple terms) is basically how much power you're going to need to get a decent audio. For high impedance headphones, such as Beyerdynamic pros, you will probably need an external amplifier that you run your audio through. This will then also provide enough power for your headphones.

1 minute ago, Maxxie said:

Not sure I get the question. Do you want higher impedance? Impedance (in simple terms) is basically how much power you're going to need to get a decent audio. For high impedance headphones, such as Beyerdynamic pros, you will probably need an external amplifier that you run your audio through. This will then also provide enough power for your headphones.

wrong. Impedance matters so little, the sensitivity of the drivers matters way more, that is also why 32ohm headphones can be harder to drive than lets say 300 ohm headphones

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

wrong. Impedance matters so little, the sensitivity of the drivers matters way more, that is also why 32ohm headphones can be harder to drive than lets say 300 ohm headphones

Well, it's not wrong. I'm not saying there aren't other factors at work, but impedance is basically an extension of the theory of electrical resistance. Higher the ohms, the higher the power that will be required to get the same signal as you can with lower ohms. That's just physics.

Just now, Maxxie said:

Well, it's not wrong. I'm not saying there are other factors at work, but impedance is basically an extension of the theory of electrical resistance. Higher the ohms, the higher the power that will be required to get the same signal as you can with lower ohms. That's just physics.

You see the resistans matters so little here, that 9/10 times you should just ignore it. Only if you have two pairs of headphones with the same driver, but different a resistans on each, will the one with the highest resistans be harder to drive, that is the only time where you can say for sure that the higher impedance headphones are harder to drive, compared to the lower ohm version. You should look at how sensitive the driver is.

4 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

You see the resistans matters so little here, that 9/10 times you should just ignore it. Only if you have two pairs of headphones with the same driver, but different a resistans on each, will the one with the highest resistans be harder to drive, that is the only time where you can say for sure that the higher impedance headphones are harder to drive, compared to the lower ohm version. You should look at how sensitive the driver is.

I'm still not denying other factors are important, but I don't think you should just ignore it. The point of the impedance rating is that it gives you an indication of how much power is required to drive the headphones. The driver is taken into account with that calculation, because it's the voice coil that largely determines what the impedance is going to be.

Ignore me :-P

Edited by Mikensan
Speakers are confusing.

22 minutes ago, Maxxie said:

I'm still not denying other factors are important, but I don't think you should just ignore it. The point of the impedance rating is that it gives you an indication of how much power is required to drive the headphones. The driver is taken into account with that calculation, because it's the voice coil that largely determines what the impedance is going to be.

Ohm does not indicate any form of power needed, if it did then you would not have headphones that are about 32 ohms being harder to drive than 200 ohm headphones. Ohm matters very little when looking at headphones, it is really just being used as a buzzword, so people with little experiance thinks that high ohm= need amp and low omh= phone can power them.

My main headphones the HE560 and K612 have very different ohm rating. My K612 is 120 ohm and my HE560 is 45 ohm. That is a fairly "big" jump in ohm. Yet my HE560 are harder to drive. The sensitivity of the K612 is 101 dB SPL/V, while the the HE560 is 90 dB SPL/V. I also own the M50 (not my proudest buy) They are 38 ohm and have a sensitivity of 99 dB SPL/V, because the sensitivity of the K612 and the M50 is so close, then ohm comes into play and makes the K612 a tiny bit harder to drive.

This is only a expample and I chose it because it is a fairly good one IMO, but the same goes for other headphones.

Sure Ohm matters a little bit, but it does not say if headphones are hard to drive or not, it only really comes into play when the sensitivity of the drivers are damn close or the same, then you can see with ohm if they are harder to drive than the other pair of headphones, the rest of the time you should just look at the sensitivity and not really think about ohm.

600Ohm and under is also such a little resistans, most of the time I make calculations on low powered things to find ohm I get kiloohm.

Nevermind.

Edited by Mikensan
Ignore me :-P

Ohm does not indicate any form of power needed, if it did then you would not have headphones that are about 32 ohms being harder to drive than 200 ohm headphones. Ohm matters very little when looking at headphones, it is really just being used as a buzzword, so people with little experiance thinks that high ohm= need amp and low omh= phone can power them.

Ohm is a unit of resistance, therefore it is literally an indication of the power needed. Again, as impedance is an extension of that then it goes to say that impedance can be used as a basic indication of how tough a pair of headphones is to drive, rather than just being a "buzzword". As I stated before, I'm not saying that impedance is the be-all-and-end-all measure of how great headphones are and how easy they are to drive, but without including nuances of different drivers and the specs of the voice coil, it's a pretty good indication.