AMD Trolls: Shows R9 290X VS GTX 780 at Nvidia's Event

AraSarkisyan

AMD showed up at Nvidia's two day press event in Montreal. They rented a room across the street and started inviting reviewers over for a peak at the R9 290X vs the Nvidia GTX 780. 

Reportedly, Nvidia set up a "bouncer" to block media members from entering, casually reminding them that Nvidia invited them and paid for their tickets. 

Here are the results AMD is showing off:

BioShock Infinite (3840x2160, Ultra Settings)

• AMD Radeon R9 290X "Quiet Mode" average frame rate: 44.25
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 average frame rate: 37.67

Tomb Raider (3840x2160, Normal Preset w/ TressFX On Off)

• AMD Radeon R9 290X "Quiet Mode" average frame rate: 40.2
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 average frame rate: 34.5

Full article can be read here https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/10/17/amd-trolls-shows-r9-290x-vs-gtx-780-nvidias-event

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

You're a little bit late to the party...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

You're a little bit late to the party...

better late than never. 

Good O'll AMD Doing their thing :D. But in all seriousness what the hell AMD?

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

Good O'll AMD Doing their thing :D. But in all seriousness what the hell AMD?

well i wouldnt blame them. Nvidia and that whole OriginPC thing...

well i wouldnt blame them. Nvidia and that whole OriginPC thing...

That's assuming rumors are true. Rumors have a habit of not being true. Remember the rumor that you could flash your 670 into a 770? Look how that turned out. 

That's assuming rumors are true. Rumors have a habit of not being true. Remember the rumor that you could flash your 670 into a 770? Look how that turned out. 

well with pretty famous techies (not gunna name any names, buy lets assume both of their names start with the same letter) saying it's pretty much legit, plus Nvidia being on AMDs balls a bunch of other times, i guess it's well earned payback. Then again AMD is starting to make money again so i guess they got a bit trigger happy. 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly