Dont buy the 128 gb new razor blade stealth

3DOSH

Hello  guys,
So I bought the 128 GB new razor blade stealth thinking its the same as every other model except the storage config, well it turns out the 128gb come with 8 GB only and in no where on the site when I bought it it stated it had only 8 GB, not in the specs not anywhere. Only in the manual that comes with the laptop it says it has 8 GB .
This is some BS by Razer, this is considered false advertising as in the features list it says 16 GB of RAM.
BTW I contacted support and waiting for reply.
Thoughts guys ? 

obupRrJ.jpg

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

2 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Should just return it, they probably sent you the 2015 version, the new version has up to 16gbs of RAM

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-stealth

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Should just return it, they probably sent you the 2015 version, the new version has up to 16gbs of RAM

Nope it has the 7500U CPU

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

Don't worry I only have 8GB of RAM and crappy i5 4460 with 760. I can feel it

Just now, 3DOSH said:

Nope it has the 7500U CPU

Well then I dunno, if the one you bought had 16gbs listed that should be an easy return

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Le' specs:

It clearly shows that the 128gb version only has 8gb of RAM. 

And on the buy page it says UP TO 16gb.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Thoughts guys ?

Anyone that buys Razer and Apple stuff probably doesn't pay attention to anything but the colors and brand names anyway. :P

It also sounds like you bought it from a site that wasn't directly Razer. There's your problem right there. They're always trying to get rid of the old crappy stock before the new crappy stock.

11 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

snip

Um no. This is actually entirely you're fault. I have 0 pity for you. Please read the specs before buying a machine. There's a 8gb version of the RBS. 

Secondly, you bought a Razer Blade Stealth. Even less pity for you. That is one of the worse ultrabooks on the market. Congrats. Literally everyone in this thread has 0 idea what they're saying cept @djdwosk97. I doubt Razer will accept the return without a restocking fee because this is entirely your fault. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 12.55.23 AM.png

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p

3 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Um no. This is actually entirely you're fault. I have 0 pity for you. Please read the specs before buying a machine. There's a 8gb version of the RBS. 

Secondly, you bought a Razer Blade Stealth. Even less pity for you. That is one of the worse ultrabooks on the market. Congrats. 

3 minutes ago, MaxBunny said:

Anyone that buys Razer and Apple stuff probably doesn't pay attention to anything but the colors and brand names anyway. :P

It also sounds like you bought it from a site that wasn't directly Razer. There's your problem right there. They're always trying to get rid of the old crappy stock before the new crappy stock.

I bought it from Razer store, and please spare me the razer, apple people buy it for the looks only

Well how come in the page where you buy the freaking thing in the specs tab it says nothing about the 16gb of RAM ?????
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade-stealth

3 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

Secondly, you bought a Razer Blade Stealth. Even less pity for you. That is one of the worse ultrabooks on the market. Congrats. Literally everyone in this thread has 0 idea what they're saying cept @djdwosk97. I doubt Razer will accept the return without a restocking fee because this is entirely your fault. 

YUP, OP is blind.

I bought it from Razer store, and please spare me the razer, apple people buy it for the looks only

Well how come in the page where you buy the freaking thing in the specs tab it says nothing about the 16gb of RAM ?????
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-blade-stealth

There are no mention as to how much RAM it is on the buy page (which is stupid), but on the previous page it says UP TO 16gb of RAM. So you really should've been sure to check the actual spec page. But they also really need to redesign their product pages, because their sit is shit. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

YUP, OP is blind.

Sorry but if you have nothing to add GTFO out of this thread, no one like back rider

Sorry but if you have nothing to add GTFO out of this thread, no one like back rider

To be fair, you're the one who BOLDLY named a thread with the intent of making Razor look bad.  Come to find out it was your mistake.

3 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Actually pretty much. I have 0 idea why you would get a RBS. LOL. And buying the wrong one is kinda jokes on you LOL. It's pretty much true. The guys that buy Razer is 100% for looks, at least there's reasons for a Macbook LOL. It's basically just your fault at this point. And it even proves the point true LOL, you LITERALLY didn't check the product page to find out what you're buying and just bought it for the looks LOL. 

As @djdwosk97 said, it has 0 mention of ram at all. Where does it say 16gb on that specific page you pointed out? 

1 minute ago, 3DOSH said:

He's 100% correct though. LOL.

@Dackzy I'm actually dying from this thread. #averagerazeruser

Laptop Main

Just now, done12many2 said:

Horrible case of assumption.  If you don't know for sure, you need to make sure.

I didn't assume anything, all the video reviews, linuss coverage says it has 16 GB of ram not up to 16 GB. Also full specs the last thing on the page anybody can miss them.

@3DOSH you're doing yourself no favor calling people out when they're not the one's who couldn't read specs to being with. 

Laptop Main

4 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

The guys that buy Razer is 100% for looks,

In all fairness, I vastly prefer the design of the rMBP/Blade to the XPS 15/most other ultrabooks. So, if I didn't know that Razer's build quality/QC/support was shit and I wanted a windows laptop, then I'd definitely consider the Blade (if it didn't have a dGPU) since I don't really do anything that's likely to cause the CPU to throttle.

I didn't assume anything, all the video reviews, linuss coverage says it has 16 GB of ram not up to 16 GB. Also full specs the last thing on the page anybody can miss them.

Linus was talking about the specific model that HE got, in the configuration that HE got. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Unfortunately most PCs and Laptops come in more than one configuration.  If that wasn't the case, you'd be fine with what you just said.

You assumed it had 16 GB based on what you saw in a review about one particular configuration.

Just so you know man, I'm not trying to say you're a bad person.  Just saying that you made an assumption.  No biggie.  :D

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Actually, I vastly prefer the design of the rMBP/Blade to the XPS 15/most other ultrabooks. So, if I didn't know that Razer's build quality/QC/support was shit and I wanted a windows laptop, then I'd definitely consider the Blade (if it didn't have a dGPU) since I don't really do anything that's likely to cause the CPU to throttle.

True. Razer got that nailed with the aesthetics. Gotta give them that. Honestly, if they fix up their QC issues, and remove the dGPU from the Razer Blade and make it a 6820HK with it's entire cooling system dedicated for the overclocking of the 6820HK, that would be a pretty bomb eGPU laptop. 

5 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

You LITERALLY could NOT be arsed, to read the bloody PRODUCT PAGE. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-stealth

It's LITERALLY in the page. If you aren't willing to read full specs ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. LOL. 

I can't. LOL. This is too funny. I literally don't even know what to say at this point. 

Laptop Main

6 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

@Dackzy I'm actually dying from this thread. #averagerazeruser

this thread is golden. It is always nice to laugh. Why would a person not check everything twice, before buying such a expensive craptop. OP you fucked up deal with it and send it back to them and don't ever buy a 128gb laptop.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Unfortunately most PCs and Laptops come in more than one configuration.  If that wasn't the case, you'd be fine with what you just said.

You assumed it had 16 GB based on what you saw in a review about one particular configuration.

Just so you know man, I'm not trying to say you're a bad person.  Just saying that you made an assumption.  No biggie.  :D

Some people on this forum cant seem to get the idea of being human being so they get every chance to shit on anyone.
This thread was mistake from the start to make on this forum. Have good day everyone.

4 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Some people on this forum cant seem to get the idea of being human being so they get every chance to shit on anyone.
This thread was mistake from the start to make on this forum. Have good day everyone.

The whole world isn't here to coddle you; people are just telling you the truth about your situation. Learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

33 minutes ago, 3DOSH said:

Laptop Main