Best 1080 to buy

nikhil-31

I am buying a new gtx 1080 and i want to know if the zotac amp extereme edition is the best one. also i have a red and black build.

MSI GTX 1080

why that one and not the strix or amp extreme ? solely for the black and red build ?

Just now, nikhil-31 said:

why that one and not the strix or amp extreme ?

Because you want red and that one is red. There is literally no difference

dont really care about the colors i want the best performance and i am getting the amp extreme for less than the msi 1080

Not MSI SeaHawk, MSI Gaming X 8g

But AMP has highest clock speed and it should do best performance

Also next time, quote people (hit that arrow button) so people can know.

10 minutes ago, nikhil-31 said:

I am buying a new gtx 1080 and i want to know if the zotac amp extereme edition is the best one. also i have a red and black build.

Wait for 1080ti.

11 minutes ago, nikhil-31 said:

Please tell me you have a better display than 1080p 60hz

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Notree said:

Wait for 1080ti.

Its time sensitive i need it now.. Actually i need the titan xp but that shit is too expensive settling for 1080..

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Please tell me you have a better display than 1080p 60hz

lol .. i have that from my old pc but i dont game much anymore and i am going to get a new monitor in 2 weeks no money left right now.

3 minutes ago, nikhil-31 said:

lol .. i have that from my old pc but i dont game much anymore and i am going to get a new monitor in 2 weeks no money left right now.

Better to upgrade your display before buying a new GPU, not to mention stock/pricing would be better in 2 weeks if anything

of course you're going to save some cash should you get a free-sync display rather than a G-sync display, even if you end up going with a 1080

plus the 1080ti might be announced soon anyways.

What display were you going to get?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Better to upgrade your display before buying a new GPU, not to mention stock/pricing would be better in 2 weeks if anything

of course you're going to save some cash should you get a free-sync display rather than a G-sync display, even if you end up going with a 1080

plus the 1080ti might be announced soon anyways.

What display were you going to get?

2k mostly not spending the money on 4k its twice the money .. i want the 1080 for its compute power, i am still thinking about waiting if i can wait i can get the titan x pascal which is way better for deep learning. quite frankly 1080 sucks at that compared to even the last gen titan. i might wait for the 1080 ti but. 

2 minutes ago, nikhil-31 said:

2k mostly not spending the money on 4k its twice the money .. i want the 1080 for its compute power, i am still thinking about waiting if i can wait i can get the titan x pascal which is way better for deep learning. quite frankly 1080 sucks at that compared to even the last gen titan. i might wait for the 1080 ti but. 

Then you should definitely wait, are you doing anything like professional or is just a hobby thing?

Also there's a really solid $299 4k 27" TN free-sync display, modern TN is nearly as good as VA at times
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Rk98TW/aoc-monitor-u2879vf

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then you should definitely wait, are you doing anything like professional or is just a hobby thing?

Also there's a really solid $299 4k 27" TN free-sync display, modern TN is nearly as good as VA at times
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Rk98TW/aoc-monitor-u2879vf

i am learning deep learning now but change of profession soon maybe 6 months hopefully. i do a bit of phone VR  and hoping to learn AR but these things are still new and i need to get on it now. i currently run on a 3 year old gtx 650ti which really cant handle any of this shit. although i do like the 650ti.

2 minutes ago, nikhil-31 said:

i am learning deep learning now but change of profession soon maybe 6 months hopefully. i do a bit of phone VR  and hoping to learn AR but these things are still new and i need to get on it now. i currently run on a 3 year old gtx 650ti which really cant handle any of this shit. although i do like the 650ti.

You might as well hold out at this point, if you're doing that kind of shit you'll want all the performance and potentially VRAM you can get

Spoiler

Dude get the ASUS strix honestly the best brand of Gpu ive ever bought not only is it a better overclocker (i know its all silicon lottery but still) its 3 fans keep it soooo cool, like 60c under full load kind of cool considering GPUs can be rated to go as high as like what 90+ degrees without hurting them thats amazing and really gives you crazy room for overclocking. And it has RGB lighting i personally love that so yeah its honestly imo the best card manufacturer

1 minute ago, Zeeee said:

Dude get the ASUS strix honestly the best brand of Gpu ive ever bought not only is it a better overclocker (i know its all silicon lottery but still) its 3 fans keep it soooo cool, like 60c under full load kind of cool considering GPUs can be rated to go as high as like what 90+ degrees without hurting them thats amazing and really gives you crazy room for overclocking. And it has RGB lighting i personally love that so yeah its honestly imo the best card manufacturer

i am seriously considering the titan x pascal right now just because 1080 is nothing compared to it in deep learning, ai and developing all those things i just want to know if it is worth the investment. I dont really care about rgb lighting and stuff. It should hav many cuda cores and lots of vram.

i am seriously considering the titan x pascal right now just because 1080 is nothing compared to it in deep learning, ai and developing all those things i just want to know if it is worth the investment. I dont really care about rgb lighting and stuff. It should hav many cuda cores and lots of vram.

WHAT?! Dude dont fall for that marketing crap listen if you want to get a titan x and youre dead set on that performance i recommend STOP in january 1080ti is coming out FOR SURE, itll not only be aftermarket coolers therefore itll run better and cooler and faster, itll BE BETTER PERFORMANCE than a titan x for less money NO POINT IN GETTING TITAN X

4 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

WHAT?! Dude dont fall for that marketing crap listen if you want to get a titan x and youre dead set on that performance i recommend STOP in january 1080ti is coming out FOR SURE, itll not only be aftermarket coolers therefore itll run better and cooler and faster, itll BE BETTER PERFORMANCE than a titan x for less money NO POINT IN GETTING TITAN X

i am sure it wont have as many cuda cores and vram .. but i think it is better to hold off until jan .. but then if i wait i wont be able to get it from the us and i will have to wait 6 months and pay a ridiculous price premium. because quite frankly the last gen titan beats the 1080 in compute performance by a mile.

1 minute ago, nikhil-31 said:

i am sure it wont have as many cuda cores and vram .. but i think it is better to hold off until jan .. but then if i wait i wont be able to get it from the us and i will have to wait 6 months and pay a ridiculous price premium.

Actually its already all but confirmed SAME 12GB VRAM unfortunately not gddr5x but gddr5 and i believe 300 less cuda cores and that really doesnt mean anything if youre talking about a 3500 vs 3800 cuda core difference lol

3 minutes ago, Zeeee said:

Actually its already all but confirmed SAME 12GB VRAM unfortunately not gddr5x but gddr5 and i believe 300 less cuda cores and that really doesnt mean anything if youre talking about a 3500 vs 3800 cuda core difference lol

Read this . https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-downsides-of-the-NVIDIAs-GTX-1080-vs-Titan-X-when-used-for-deep-learning they are refering to the old titan x