Which GTX 1060 to buy?

danielporsh911

Okie Dokie. So I am upgrading from my GTX 660TI to a GTX 1060 because my 660 can't seem to pull the weight of my 1080p monitor and I must upgrade. I am not sure which 1060 to buy because of all the controversy. My brother told me that there was some shit about gigabyte making their RX480 crappy but their Nvidia cards nice I don't know. I have 3 1060s to chose out of you guys tell me your opinion and I am on a tight budget here so don't recommend anything else I know it may be better but I just cant. Well that's unless you got anything cheaper or exactly the same price for a better card.

1. Gigabyte

2. MSI

3. PNY

they are almsot identical i would say which ever one you like the look of the best. But just look at the warranties first. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

From what I can tell that MSI model only has a 1 year warranty while the gigabyte has 3, granted msi has better customer support but 2 years less warranty is two year less warranty

Oh and don't go PNY regardless, I vote gigabyte in this particular case

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, Cela1 said:

I vote Gigabyte :)

Gigabyte turns out to be the only one with a backplate. I'm probably gonna go with Gigabyte.

7 minutes ago, danielporsh911 said:

Gigabyte turns out to be the only one with a backplate. I'm probably gonna go with Gigabyte.

yeah the gigabyte is best option