Best Headset (sound + micro)

fAED11

Hoi!

I want to buy a good headset! I'll put here what type of thing I want, and hopefully you guys can help me :)

- I play games for like 3/4 hours a day.
- I watch alot of movies. Personally, i love to have a good experience listen to all sounds while watching HD movies. Probably I would like something to have like 7.1 or 5.1 :unsure:
- I talk alot, via Skype and TeamSpeak and I would like a gaming headset which has a good micro quality to those who listen to my voice :P
- Have in mind these products: Plantronics GameCom 780Astro A40, SteelSeries Siberia V2.

My budget is under 100Eur, don't want to spend more than that.

Thankyou all :)

I am really looking forward to buy on of these:

Plantronics GameCom 780 or SteelSeries Siberia V2 Frost Blue Edition.

Can you guys help me on which of these 2 should I go for ?

To be honest if you're watching a lot of movies why get a headset? You could just get a nice pair of high quality headphones and a desk mic boom or similar.

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

If you are set on nothing but a mediocre headset, then I would steer you away from the Plantronics, horrendous build issues.

I'm probably gonna recommend this quite a few times in the future, but if you really want a microphone attached to your headphones, make one yourself using a zalman clip-on mic:

[spoiler:'DT770 Pro 80 Ohm']2heg8jb.jpg

Very easy and actually quite fun to make. Also much better microphone quality than when you clip it on your cord, and better headphone sound quality than really any headset.

I would recommend something like the Pioneer SE-A1000 with a clip-on mic, and if you really want a 'headset', make something like I did.

EDIT: Also the mic is detachable so (from the FAQ) if one of them breaks (mic or headphones), you don't need to replace the whole unit.

THE signature

I'm probably gonna recommend this quite a few times in the future, but if you really want a microphone attached to your headphones, make one yourself using a zalman clip-on mic:

[spoiler:'DT770 Pro 80 Ohm']

Very easy and actually quite fun to make. Also much better microphone quality than when you clip it on your cord, and better headphone sound quality than really any headset.

I would recommend something like the Pioneer SE-A1000 with a clip-on mic, and if you really want a 'headset', make something like I did.

EDIT: Also the mic is detachable so (from the FAQ) if one of them breaks (mic or headphones), you don't need to replace the whole unit.

The 250 ohm for what ever reason is warmer, and since the FiiO can drive the headphone fully, I would stick with the 250 ohm version. 

The 250 ohm for what ever reason is warmer, and since the FiiO can drive the headphone fully, I would stick with the 250 ohm version. 

For the DT770's? I was just giving an example, those are my headphones.

I was actually recommending the Pioneers, but if the OP doesn't need closed headphones I would be recommending the DT990 Pro's over the DT770's anyway.

Also I don't think a Fiio would fit in a budget of 100 euro's since they cost like 80 euros here in Europe.

THE signature

For the DT770's? I was just giving an example, those are my headphones.

I was actually recommending the Pioneers, but if the OP doesn't need closed headphones I would be recommending the DT990 Pro's over the DT770's anyway.

Also I don't think a Fiio would fit in a budget of 100 euro's since they cost like 80 euros here in Europe.

Just sayin' 

Though your recommendation(s) are solid, just letting you know for future reference.

Just sayin' 

Though your recommendation(s) are solid, just letting you know for future reference.

Okay, thanks I guess  :)

Have tried them side to side? Because I haven't and so I don't know the difference between them. In what way do sound different, or what do you mean by warmer? I'm asking this because I've seen people recommending the 80 Ohm over the 250 Ohm quite a lot.

THE signature

I'd check out the shure srh550dj(review in sig), srh440's, koss pro dj 100's or if you can stretch your budget dt990's

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Okay, thanks I guess  :)

Have tried them side to side? Because I haven't and so I don't know the difference between them. In what way do sound different, or what do you mean by warmer? I'm asking this because I've seen people recommending the 80 Ohm over the 250 Ohm quite a lot.

Have tried them side by side, along with the 600ohm, The 250 was the warmest, meaning had the best lower extension, people that recommend the 80 over the 250 because they think that they can't drive the 250 ohm impedance. 

I'd recommend buying a decent pair of headphones and then a clip on mic. With headsets you mostly pay for the brand and design

I'd also recommend picking up a standalone pair of cans over most headsets, mainly for overall better sound quality.

Personally for movies you would want a larger sound-stage so I'd pick up the Sennhesier HD 558's and a zalman clip.

558 - http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382120166&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+558+-+sennheiser

Modmic - http://www.modmic.com/

Zalman clip - http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382120206&sr=8-1&keywords=Zalman+clip

I'd also recommend picking up a standalone pair of cans over most headsets, mainly for overall better sound quality.

Personally for movies you would want a larger sound-stage so I'd pick up the Sennhesier HD 558's and a zalman clip.

558 - http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-504631-HD-558-Headphones/dp/B004FEEY9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382120166&sr=8-1&keywords=hd+558+-+sennheiser

Modmic - http://www.modmic.com/

Zalman clip - http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1-Sensitivity-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382120206&sr=8-1&keywords=Zalman+clip

This is my personal preference. HD 558s I got in the HMV sale for £99, and then a modmic I had imported from America. It was a little quiet but fiddling with the settings worked a treat and it's a brilliant set up. Wouldn't trade decent headphones for the world. Next up is a pair of DT 770 pros for the office.