YouTube with multi-monitor problem

Bluethulhu

I'm curious as to if there's a plugin for Chrome that can let me watch fullscreen videos on just one monitor, while still being able to work on the other two. If I play a fullscreen video, the player is across all 3 monitors, but the core video content is in just one. Example here:

6RQWqds.jpg

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Spoiler

I don't know of a fix, but do you really want the video to be super stretched?

Edit: Misread. Can't you open up youtube on one monitor while working with a new window on the others? I have a dual monitor setup and youtube fullscreen only covers one monitor so I didn't know your issue existed :o

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I don't know of a fix, but do you really want the video to be super stretched?

Edit: Misread. Can't you open up youtube on one monitor while working with a new window on the others? I have a dual monitor setup and youtube fullscreen only covers one monitor so I didn't know your issue existed  :o

It doesn't matter which monitor I have YouTube on, whenever I go into fullscreen, it spans across all the monitors. Surround is different than dual-monitor because it's kind of like having one really big monitor to applications. Steam is really annoying when I maximize, it goes across all displays.

Spoiler

Have you tried seeing if it's a browser issue? I currently use Firefox and fullscreen only expands to one window.

Tried it in Firefox and Opera, still the same  :(

Spoiler

mine does the same, I only use surround part of the time 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You have 3 monitors? Try connecting them to different display outputs and that may fix the problem, what ports do you have on back of your gpu?

You have 3 monitors? Try connecting them to different display outputs and that may fix the problem, what ports do you have on back of your gpu?

3x DVI and 1x Mini DisplayPort. I've tried that before and it didn't fix anything. I'm using a GTX 690 also.

Spoiler

Are your monitors set up as surround? Try disabling that feature on your amd or nvidia gpu and maybe it should work.

3x DVI and 1x Mini DisplayPort. I've tried that before and it didn't fix anything. I'm using a GTX 690 also.

All of your monitors are connected to dvi?

Surround is different than dual-monitor because it's kind of like having one really big monitor to applications. Steam is really annoying when I maximize, it goes across all displays.

Ahh I see. I just installed Chrome to see if I'd come across the same problem before I read that.

I've found workarounds that just insist on opening a popup of the video, but you still get toolbars/frames/annoyances.

There's a plugin called Multiple Monitor Fullscreen that does just that.

You could turn off surround and separate each monitor, but you'd have to switch back every time you want to play a game or do anything that requires it.

Build Logs

Ahh I see. I just installed Chrome to see if I'd come across the same problem before I read that.

I've found workarounds that just insist on opening a popup of the video, but you still get toolbars/frames/annoyances.

There's a plugin called Multiple Monitor Fullscreen that does just that.

You could turn off surround and separate each monitor, but you'd have to switch back every time you want to play a game or do anything that requires it.

I just did that, it works, although the monitor order isn't correct and they're all running at 60Hz. I can probably fix this, although it would be really annoying to close everything just to play a game.

Spoiler

I just did that, it works, although the monitor order isn't correct and they're all running at 60Hz. I can probably fix this, although it would be really annoying to close everything just to play a game.

Try searching google for fix on your issue, it is probably related to your browser, and what do you mean by screen order not correct? Your monitors are 120 hz?

Try searching google for fix on your issue, it is probably related to your browser, and what do you mean by screen order not correct? Your monitors are 120 hz?

Not in the correct order meaning the monitor that is actually on the far left side, is the center monitor. If I move the mouse to the left and off the screen, it goes to the right monitor. Also, yes, the monitors are 120Hz.

Spoiler

Quote from other forum on same problem:

"Surround/Eyefinity creates a single virtual monitor out of multiple monitors. That's why full-screening a window puts it across all three screens. Pressing Windows key + p might solve your issues though. That toggles surround/extend if set up properly. You'll have to fiddle with it."

Not in the correct order meaning the monitor that is actually on the far left side, is the center monitor. If I move the mouse to the left and off the screen, it goes to the right monitor. Also, yes, the monitors are 120Hz.

Just replace your screens until they are in correct order.... and if you just dont want to hassle with that this could be the fix:

Surround/Eyefinity creates a single virtual monitor out of multiple monitors. That's why full-screening a window puts it across all three screens. Pressing Windows key + p might solve your issues though. That toggles surround/extend if set up properly. You'll have to fiddle with it.

Have you tried the Multiple Monitor Full Screen plugin for chrome? The video demo only uses a dual monitor setup like me so I can't confirm if it'll work.

Edit: It might still detect your surround setup as one single monitor and not do anything :/

Build Logs

Just replace your screens until they are in correct order.... and if you just dont want to hassle with that this could be the fix:

Surround/Eyefinity creates a single virtual monitor out of multiple monitors. That's why full-screening a window puts it across all three screens. Pressing Windows key + p might solve your issues though. That toggles surround/extend if set up properly. You'll have to fiddle with it.

That is closer to a fix but still doesn't completely fix it. It puts the player on the left monitor, allowing me to run other applications in the center/right monitors, but the video is completely black because it's only a 1920x1080 video and it's showing the left half of it.

Spoiler

That is closer to a fix but still doesn't completely fix it. It puts the player on the left monitor, allowing me to run other applications in the center/right monitors, but the video is completely black because it's only a 1920x1080 video and it's showing the left half of it.

What do you want to say with this? It is only showing you a half of video? What resolution do you have? 2560x1600?

Something in your surround settings is incorrect, is it disabled now?

What do you want to say with this? It is only showing you a half of video? What resolution do you have? 2560x1600?

They're all 1080p monitors. It also works when I have it in "activate all displays" mode, but I want a fix where I don't have to switch between them.

Spoiler

Maybe take a screenshot of both fullscreen scenarios so we can see better.

They're all 1080p monitors. It also works when I have it in "activate all displays" mode, but I want a fix where I don't have to switch between them.

http://www.splitview.com/

I think this will divide your monitors however you want. I haven't tried it, but you can add exceptions to any program you want to open with surround enabled so you won't have to switch back and forth constantly.

Edit: Didn't see it has a $40 price tag.. You could try it for a while I guess.

Build Logs

Disable nvidia surround or Eyefinity settings to do this... It gives you a hard hit on gaming preformance if you keep it like this while gaming tho...

While they're shooting pistols, I'm dropping nuclear bombs

if you have displayfusion, put video in fullscreen then hit ctrl, win, A and it will send it to the next moniter

make sure shortcut keys are enabled in settings