Windows 8 Metro apps crash to Metro UI

mgsstar
Go to solution Solved by mgsstar,

SOLVED: Uninstalled Beta drivers using catalyst uninstaller utility (even though it says that it is Windows 7 compatible it works with Windows 8) and installed 13.9 drivers. Should have did a little bit of testing before asking it. :)

When I try to download a game or app off of the Windows Store, the app/game loads its splash screen and then crashes to the Metro UI screen with no error. I did an upgrade from Windows 7 so not sure if this matters.

UPDATE: Uninstalled AMD Beta drivers and reverting to 13.9 to see if it fixes it. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Somewhat OT, but why are you using it anyway? 

The only thing it's good for is the search feature. Otherwise set your program defaults to something else and just pretend it's the dumb kid in the group project. 

Error: 410

Somewhat OT, but why are you using it anyway? 

The only thing it's good for is the search feature. Otherwise set your program defaults to something else and just pretend it's the dumb kid in the group project. 

No my Windows metro apps are working. Its just that the third party apps that I downloaded are crashing.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

SOLVED: Uninstalled Beta drivers using catalyst uninstaller utility (even though it says that it is Windows 7 compatible it works with Windows 8) and installed 13.9 drivers. Should have did a little bit of testing before asking it. :)