Samsung Galaxy Note II

JackyLee

Im planning to upgrade my phone to the note 2, so what do you guys think about it? Is it worth my money?

I think it's too big to be practical, I don't exactly have small hands, but that's just a preference thing. After owning a Galaxy S2 and an older HTC Desire I also miss HTC UI, Sense is so much better, I feel the Samsung interface is more restrictive, even though the phone is a good 2 years newer. Again these are all personal preference. Is it worth the money? Well if you really want a screen that large it's about the only phone that has it, so in that sense yes.

I have the GT-N7000 (Note 1) and it's freaking awesome. 1GB RAM isn't enough, imo. The Note II has 2GB RAM though so it won't be a problem.

Greatest phone I have ever had, better than my blackberrys and iphones. i would like to try the z10 though. Great phone for multimedia and gaming. Some pretty good roms for it to really change it up and some kernels to overclock it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If you already have big pockets then I would definitely recommend it! To most, the Spen is pretty useless, but it's great for going into meetings and writing notes plus you can voice record at the same time with Snote without people knowing.

• 1 month later...

I use a Galaxy Note 2 with Mugen uber battery. It makes the phone into a 2cm brick and I do not have any problems with it. Imagine watching netflix non stop for 16 hours and not running out by far. I am a heavy data user on my phone (I use 19GB of data on my phone monthly) and every day I am left with 35% before I go to bed.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

the samsung galaxy notes phones are a breath of fresh air if your coming from IOS. I had the note 1 and now im on the note 2 and i am thinking of getting the 3 when that baby comes out. 

the samsung galaxy notes phones are a breath of fresh air if your coming from IOS. I had the note 1 and now im on the note 2 and i am thinking of getting the 3 when that baby comes out. 

To be totally honest. As a previous Note 2 user, I have never used the S pen in any way. This is why I got the Galaxy S4 which doesnt have the S pen. But If you really want to have the Note series it doesn't really matter.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I used to think the note 2 was stupid because of how big it is. as soon as I used one for the first time I fell in love. now it's my daily driver and I absolutely freaking love it. I just can't use any other phone now. it feels normal to me now, and every other phone feels like a toy. Don't let anyone tell you its too big, they just havnt had the pleasure of owning one, and are just jelous in denial xD

• 2 weeks later...

I live in a family with many iPhone 4 and 5 iPads AppleTV etc and used to make fun of how pathetic the Note 1 was. All I can say now my Note 2 is changing that (;
Apple have been the best in the phone market for 7 years but since Note 2 they aren't anymore.

+Reception is awesome I have good signal almost everywhere ( better than my siblings iPhones and BlackBerries )

+S-Pen is actually cool and handy from time to time

+The Note 2 is an absolute powerhouse !!!
  Even though the S4 and One have a faster processor the Note 2 is faster in real life actions f.e. rendering a web page or playing a game because it runs at a lot lower resolution.

+The battery is as amazing as sheer speed of the Note 2
   If you have good signal strenght and WIFI off you will get around a day of heavy processing and 5-6 hours screen on time with around 25% battery left.
   If you're a light user it'll probably be enough for a whole weekend.

+Veeeery loud, clear and bassy loudspeaker. Louder and better sounding than every other phone I've ever tested. However you easily cover it up unlike the ones on the front of the HTC One and it is not as loud as an iPad2.

-+ Headphone jack sound is ok. Better than my low end android phone. Not as good as iPhone 4 and 5 (Tested on Sennheiser CX310 Bass enhanced Adidas edition, Phillips SBC HP250, The stereo I build myself, and on a pair of Sennheiser HD598 with some Fiio amplifier I tested in a local shop)

+Even though it's huge it still feels comfortable. It fits nicely inyour trouser and the rounded edges make it feel smaller and better than it is. Power button is on the side and easy to use.

--Build quality. maaan this thing is ugly. It has the same speaker grill as the cheapest Samsung phone out there. Volume rocker is very flimsy.
   Back Plate bends like crazy and goes from a nice looking concave to convevt in a few days like on the S3 which will make it look weird.
   It overall looks cheap + the surface is slippery

+++++ The Display and phenomenal multimedia experience. ( - Touchwiz )

The Display is huuuuge.

It is an oLED BUT unlike the S3 it has true RGB pixels. This means it has better whites than the S3 and the best black and grey steps and contrast of any phone I've ever seen.

However the display modes are really awkward. Movie is too bleached out. Standard has too much green. Dynamic is comletely fucked up. Natural looks realist and natural but it misses out some colour brilliance and depth which the display can actually do as proven by the modes dynamic and standard but Samsung won't let you get it right. You see this even more by how ugly the touchwiz icons really are when not totally oversaturated.
I run my phone in Natural mode.

This way Movies are epic.
Internet browsing is good.

When I listen to music on Spotify it always looks like the colours of the album are jumping off the screen that's how awesome the contrast is.

But here's the thing:
Even though the Display shows minor issues this phone display is still the best overall phone screen. F.e. HTC One has terrible blacks and grey steps compared to this or the S4 still has worse whites.

There is no other phone with such few compromises to make especially in battery life.

And a relative offered me to swith to an One or S4 for his new contract if I gave him my Note 2...... But after an experience like the Note 2 you don't go back. Not even for awesome build quality (remember I used to an iPhone fanatic and those things were precious ) We now both own the Note 2 and are more than happy.

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

i loooooove it! I was trying to hold out for the note lll at then end of the year octoberish, but i cant wait that long so im about to get the s4 for now then maybe try and get the note 3 when it comes out.

I used to be one of the ppl that was like blah blah blah too big, but man after using it a few times that thing is freaaaaaakin awesome! Just do it :)

I have a note2, and once you get used to its size it is an amazing phone,

Features that is use the most:

1. You will forget pen and paper i write everything that i have to in my phone.

2. I use the slow motion camera a lot.

3. I love watching videos on its big screen

you would not regret it because it is the best Phablet  :P

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Well you don't really say what you're looking for in a phone or what provider you're on but have you checked out the LG Optimus G Pro? The same screen size as a Note II but with a 1080p screen, faster processor and 32gb of flash memory built in. 

Man Note 2 is an awesome phone. I have been using it for 6 months and haven't find anything which I consider as outdated yet, and it is so fast and fluid, and I can definitely say that it will be fast and fluid in the upcoming days also.

It has many goodies, thanks to Samsung touch wiz, which are exclusive, and cannot be found or installed on any other device, and those goodies will even increase after it will get android 4.2.2, all the features of the latest touch wiz will be added to it, and it will become just as cool as the gs4.

So don't hesitate to buy this phone and I must say that the battery backup is so awesome too...

My Galaxy Note 2 is by far the best smartphone I have used to date.

It does not even compare to the Apple iPhone.

And the way Android are going these days with their progression, Jellybean is just outstanding.

I would like to see another phone use multi tasking like the note 2 can... impossible!

The pro and con regarding the Galaxy Note 2 is this.... its size... its either a good thing or a bad thing and that ultimately comes down to the user.

I tried using an iPhone after i got my Note 2, and i was skwinting my eyes, i dont know how i used it for so long.

I will never go back.... I highly recommend the Galaxy Note 2.

Far too big to be practical, i owned the original Note and it was justa  pain in the ass to even use imo.

Even the Galaxy's are gettign too big.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I used to think the note 2 was stupid because of how big it is. as soon as I used one for the first time I fell in love. now it's my daily driver and I absolutely freaking love it. I just can't use any other phone now. it feels normal to me now, and every other phone feels like a toy. Don't let anyone tell you its too big, they just havnt had the pleasure of owning one, and are just jelous in denial xD

Same here. I really wanted a pure Android phone, and now I can't get it since I'm so attached to my Note 2 and its features :P

I love my note II. I was afraid that it going to be too big to fit in my pocket etc but its fits perfectly!

I originally had a Galaxy S 2 (which I sold to my sister), and compared to it the screen feels so much bigger and crisp. - It makes any phone screen look too small :)

I also love the S pen, its really handy when certain websites require a mouse-over function to go through their menus.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review