be quiet! Dark Rock 3 vs. Cryorig H7 + Corsair ML120 Red LED

be quiet! Dark Rock 3 vs. Cryo­rig H7 + Corsair ML120 Red LED  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Shoud I pick up the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 or the Cryo­rig H7 with the Corsair ML120 Red LED fan

• be quiet! Dark Rock 3
    • Cryo­rig H7 + Corsair ML120 Red LED
    • Something else (pls give me your reason why I shoud buy something else)

Hi I'm currently using the stock Intel CPU cooler and now that I finally replaced my GT 640 with a GTX 1070 the air in my case is getting a lot hotter and therefore my CPU is between 80°C-90°C under full load and my CPU fan gets extremly loud. Since this is happening I decided that I need to upgrade my CPU cooler and I was looking for a good cooler that's not too expensive and the ones that really stood out to me where the be quiet! Dark Rock 3 and the Cryo­rig H7 mainly because of their look and performance. Here in Germany the price of the H7 is about 25€ cheaper than the Dark Rock 3 and therefore i would be replacing the fan on the H7 with the Corsair ML120 Red LED because i heard that the fan of the H7 isn't the most quiet one and because it would match the Black/Red color scheme of my PC a lot more. I'm also going to upgrade my CPU, mainboard and RAM when Kabylake and Zen are released (I'll probably buy a 4core/8threads CPU) and I want to stick with the CPU cooler that I'm going to buy now. Please give me your opinions and suggestions about this purchase. :D

PC specs:

-CPU: Intel Core i5-3470

-Mainboard: Aspire M3985

-RAM: Nanya Technology 8GB RAM (2x4GB)

-Case: NZXT S340

-PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 9 600W

-Video Card: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X

-HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

special notes:

-The CPU, mainboard, RAM and HDD are from my old desktop PC which i bought a few years ago when i new nothing about PC components and will be replaced in the future

-Pls dont hate me when i say something wrong about computer hardware because I'm still fairly new in this sceene

-I am probably making a lot of grammar and vocabulary mistakes because I'm german teenager who's still learning English

Both are overkill but the DR3 would perform better and be quieter.

The stock H7 fan isn't loud but there are quieter options

A Pure Rock would be a quieter alternative to the H7: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009 

or a Kotetsu which would be an alternative to the DR3: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

personally it all depends on the colour scheme of your pc, if you want a more subtle dark theme, Dark Rock 3 wouldn't be a bad option, but if you have a louder red colour scheme i think the cryorig h7 + the ml120 fan would present a more fashionable choice, should you have more accents of red. Although if you are looking for performance, i would recommend the ml120 + H7 for silence optimized builds. As for temps, i wouldn't know sorry.