Mac os extended format on Windows

kristofk

I am striving to install macOS Sierra on a partition of my hard drive on my PC, however, I need to format that partition to "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". Is there a tool for that? I think it is possible to format one partition of a hard drive into NTFS and the other into Mac OS..., but correct me if I'm wrong.

Well... why don't you try a VMware-only customed version of Sierra and run it on VMware?

VMware Workstation Player is free.

2 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

I think you do it when installing the OS, the installing thing has a formatting tool.

Ok but the installer isn't recognising any of my drives so that is why I was thinking this, I may need to look into it more.

1 minute ago, PenPoint said:

Well... why don't you try a VMware-only customed version of Sierra and run it on VMware?

VMware Workstation Player is free.

I know I tried but the screen resolution never works for me on VMWare. So I'm trying a dual boot machine now.

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Wait, why VMware? Might as well go with VirtualBox at that point.

VirtualBox just literally sucks. I had numerous bad experiences with VB and after those series of unfortuante events, I only use VMware.

4 minutes ago, InfinityCaptain said:

Ok but the installer isn't recognising any of my drives so that is why I was thinking this, I may need to look into it more.

I know I tried but the screen resolution never works for me on VMWare. So I'm trying a dual boot machine now.

Ohhh... okay :(

13 minutes ago, PenPoint said:

VirtualBox just literally sucks. I had numerous bad experiences with VB and after those series of unfortuante events, I only use VMware.

What about the one they is built into Windows 10 Pro? I heard that the pro version has a built in virtualizer. 

2 minutes ago, InfinityCaptain said:

What about the one they is built into Windows 10 Pro? I heard that the pro version has a built in virtualizer. 

It is called 'Hyper-V', and it was on Windows since Server 2008(or Windows 8 Pro lineup).

Well... performance and compatibility is not bad. However still VMware is the best.

Thread locked, unfortunately hackintosh discussions and advices aren't allowed on the forums.

From the community standards:

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitametly installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !