GFWL/Securom removed from Arkham Asylum and City

Drunken Savior

Important Batman Arkham Announcement

OCTOBER 17 - ERIK.MILLER

Dear Batman Arkham Fans - Microsoft has begun the process of closing down Windows Live services over the next year. To make sure there is no interrupted service, we will be moving the game to Steam for verification and update services for both the Base and GOTY versions of Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City. 

If you purchased either of the games on Steam all you have to do is let Steam download the latest patch and you will be fine. 

If you purchased the games somewhere else you will need to enter the code in Steam. (You can find steps to do this on the bottom of this.) 

Unfortunately, you will not be able to continue playing from your current save. You will need to start a new game. 

Going forward you do not have to worry about where you stored that disc. If you switch computers or go to a friend’s house you simply need to download Steam, log into your account, then go to the library and select to install your game. 

The following link can be used to learn more about Steam and to download Steam: 

http://store.steampowered.com/about/ 

To enter your CD Key in Steam please do the following: 

1. Click ADD A GAME.... 

2. Select Activate a Product on Steam.. 

3. Click Next. 

4. Click I Agree. 

5. Enter your CD Key and select next once the game finishes downloading you will be able to play the game.

Additionally, there is other news on those two games in regards to Steam:

• They are both the current Steam weekend deal at 75% off ($5.00 USD for Asylum GOTY, $7.50 for City GOTY).
  • I'm seeing reports that people who only had the base game on Steam now have the GOTY version.
  • Both games feature Steam Trading Cards as well now.
  • Achievements are added to Asylum.
  • City is now a Steamplay game (Windows/Mac versions).

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

So far Bioshock 2 and the Arkham games have transitioned.  I think it's fair to assume that GTAIV and other games will by mid 2014, which is when GFWL servers will be shutting down.  Hopefully that means GTAIV, Street Fighter IV (and all its variants), and Dark Souls will all be 'clean,' so to speak.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 

They're on sale now. I might actually consider picking it up after hearing this news.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

Damn program is taking the saves away as one last piece of shit action.

I bought them from GameFly, but when I try to redeem any of the keys for the game on Steam it just says that they're invalid. What should I do?

So far Bioshock 2 and the Arkham games have transitioned.  I think it's fair to assume that GTAIV and other games will by mid 2014, which is when GFWL servers will be shutting down.  Hopefully that means GTAIV, Street Fighter IV (and all its variants), and Dark Souls will all be 'clean,' so to speak.

You can already redeem Dark Souls on steam. 

You can already redeem Dark Souls on steam. 

True, but it still carries GFWL DRM on it, in addition to Steam's DRM.

Can someone confirm that Securom is no longer there?  I see that they're removing GFWL in that announcement but nothing about removing securom. 

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL