New NVIDIA Dual GPU card

So I was wondering what graphics card I should get next. I'm more leaning towards NVIDIA cards rather than AMD, not sure why tough... So I was thinking first to get like a GTX 780 or 770 ot Titan, then thinking that I'm limited to 2-way SLI, so if I should make the most use of it, by getting a dual GPU card. Choises: GTX 690, Radeon 7990. Still leaning more on GTX 690, but I would like to have GPU Boost 2.0 for it. So I was wondering What do you guys think about something like a Titan X2 or 790?

Rodakin: AKA: Hitman, Occupation: Master assassin                                                                                   ....or just a student... whatevs...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? :D 

Dude you need to do some more research....

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? :D

Dude you need to do some more research....

+1

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

Your Question leaves so many questions.........

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So I was wondering what graphics card I should get next. I'm more leaning towards NVIDIA cards rather than AMD, not sure why tough... So I was thinking first to get like a GTX 780 or 770 ot Titan, then thinking that I'm limited to 2-way SLI, so if I should make the most use of it, by getting a dual GPU card. Choises: GTX 690, Radeon 7990. Still leaning more on GTX 690, but I would like to have GPU Boost 2.0 for it. So I was wondering What do you guys think about something like a Titan X2 or 790?

690 only has 2GB vram, you will be bottlenecked very quickly.

Get 2x 770 4GB if you really really want Nvidia setup.

or 7990 if you want single PCB with two GPUs.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I've never heard of a Titan X2.  You can have 4-way SLI, but all the cards need to be the same. I think that if I get what you are thinking about, get 4 Titans :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I've never heard of a Titan X2.  You can have 4-way SLI, but all the cards need to be the same. I think that if I get what you are thinking about, get 4 Titans :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

I think he means SLI titans 

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

The 690 has only 2 gigs of V-Ram??? Oh, I thought that it has 4 gigs of V-Ram...

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

I think he means SLI titans 

Yes, sorry.

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

The 690 has only 2 gigs of V-Ram??? Oh, I thought that it has 4 gigs of V-Ram...

>Cheers!< Jrv01

It has 4gb but each card has 2 and vram does not stack up

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Two down-clocked 680 on one PCB with 2GB vram each and since vram doesn't stack in SLI or Crossfire, it ends with 2GB only.

7990 has 3GB vram.

][ CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t @3,7GHz ][ GPU: GTX 660 2GB ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 8GB @1450Mhz CL9 DDR3 ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: SilentiumPC Regnum L50 ][ CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo & Arctic MX4 ][

Actually its over

afaik it is a multi day event.

there will be a "super secret" announcement on October 21st

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Titan Sli all the way (Or you can just go 780 sli and save 800$ while not loseing anything really important like power) 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

afaik it is a multi day event.

*CORRECTION*     its over for today

I'm the Forum Owl

*Who*

I always think a thread like this is a BAIT & TROLL method. See it all the time.

Apart from the Nvidia event, and this Title......

OP doesnt give current system specs & sounds like he's dreaming.

But I'll give credit where its due....but it aint due yet.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

wait for the nvidia event to be over and wait for benchmarks of the Radeon 290x a lot of games seem to be "optimized" for AMD so it will nice to see some comparisons on something like BF4 running on a GTX780 Vs Radeon 290x and just see how much more they are optimized for AMD. 

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

Actually you can put 780s in 3-way or 4-way SLI...http://videocardz.com/45253/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-4-way-sli-possible-by-simple-modification Just a simple change in the driver....

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

@rodakin     what do you currently have (CPU,GPU,and PSU)

EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2GB OC @ 921MHz

Rodakin: AKA: Hitman, Occupation: Master assassin                                                                                   ....or just a student... whatevs...

It has 4gb but each card has 2 and vram does not stack up

GTX 690 has 2GB VRAM per GPU, but since their on the same piece of PCB you get to access it all, so it's 4GB of VRAM. Much like the HD 7990 has 2x3GB of VRAM for a total of 6GB.

GTX 690 has 2GB VRAM per GPU, but since their on the same piece of PCB you get to access it all, so it's 4GB of VRAM. Much like the HD 7990 has 2x3GB of VRAM for a total of 6GB.

That's what i said...