Hoping for a low budget Build

Corn323

Quote from furter down ;-)

Sorry for reusing this topic, but it still fits in here.

So I went with the reccomedation of aisle9 and got a new PSU (Corsair RM650x, yeah I know it's a bit overkill, but since the original PSU was also 600W I thougt I would need it:/) and a Noctua CPU cooler (only 92mm because I feared a bigger one would not fit).

So installed everything an all went fine, have tried a little overclock (went to 2,8Ghz with my Q6600) and runs smootly on 2,7Ghz now.

Then I treid playing BF4 again and after 30 mins the Screen went black, and I had to resart my pc again, so the same issue as before, even with the new PSU. (adition: so played BF4 for 45 mins now with 2.7Ghz clockspeed and nothing happend (sound was going away though))

So my next consideration was that my GPU is faulty (Sapphire R9 270x) or this GPU just doesn't fit in my System -> Not anymore. 

So I stress tested my CPU and GPU at the same time with furark and Prime95 for about 40 mins, (with 2,8GHz on the CPU) and watched the Temps of my CPU with Core temp and MSI Afterburner, after those 40 mins they where at 71°C and I stopped it (I red in some forums that the max temp for Q6600 G0 is 71°C) but the system ran normally until this time.

Can it still be the GPU?

Otherwise I would rebuild my current pc to where it was (and use it as Internet /Music /record PC) and build a new one around the R9 270X (for the mean time).

So what I would have in the Current PC (after rebuilding):

Q6600 with the Noctua cooler 

Radeon HD6950 (instead of the R9 270x)

8GB of DDR2 Ram 

240GB SSD (Samsung) and 1 TB HDD

600W PSU from Cooler Master (would need to look for the exact typ but i ran fine with the HD6950)

Parts I have for use then: 

Corsair RM650x (still overkill)

R9 270x

So my questions are:

- Any other suggestions for the current rig?

otherwise

- Should I build a PC like this with below 300€ and use it (in a year or so) as steam maschine (and 4k Bluray player)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FcdZcc

Where I would buy it it would be near 300€ so a little bit less ar on PCpartpicker

Which I would use for BF4 and BF1 for now, don't have much time for anything other :/

Or should it be better to go wtih a slightly better GPU? 

Maybe I would get some Outlet pieces from here:

https://www.alternate.de/Outlet/Hardware/Komponenten

Thanks for the Help so far, I really appreciated it. :)

PS: some funny thing, the Cinebenchscore at 2,7Ghz is at 257cb and at 2,8Ghz it's at around 200, how can it be that the faster timing performes worse o.O

PPS: Forgot to mention, I will buy a High end pc in a year from now, so i can use this PSU in that build and buy a lower Wattage PSU then for the suggested build in here (so that the cost of the system looks better ;))

Hallo, I'm new here and came across this board through Youtube, (the 7 Gamers one PC) got my attention.

Since my current PC is already, approx., 8 years old (only switched from 8800GTX to HD6990), I tought of building a new PC.

I would keep my current PC as Media center / DJ "bitch"

I have one R9 270x GPU at home, but if I wanna use it, my current PC, running BF4 for 50 mins, will crash, so my next question is can I use this GPU, or would it be better to configure everything completely new.

1. Budget & Location

I wanna use the GPU I already have as mentioned, so I hoped for something in the 500-600€ Region, and yes I am from Europe.

I would love to stay in this range, because then the next PC would be a 4K system, or would it be better to buy such a thing immideatly

2. Aim

Mostly Gaming Battelfield, but also some video and photo editing, but only rarely.

3. Monitors

If needed will keep my Samsung 24" 1680*1050 or will upgrade it later, doesn't need to be considered, when going to 1080p.

4. Peripherals

Only would consider buying Windows 10

5. Why are you upgrading?

Because Gaming doens't make fun anymore on the current PC, especcially with BF1 coming.

Would also try overclocking.

So the list I already made, is a little bit to expensive for my taste, but I think it would be a bit overkill also.

And there is no copy for Windows included

Coudn't find the exact same components, but here are the PCpartpicker lists. I would buy a Windows copy also:

Intel: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tjZfd6

AMD: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BWtpKZ 

So the question is can I build a "decent" PC with that money or should I wait and buy a 4K system directly (in 1-2 Years?)

Thankyou for your help :-)

i think you should wait till christmas or the holiday season when zen, kabylake, and possibly cannonlake are released. Save up your money till then and then you could get a really nice gaming computer

The intel build you have seems pretty good. What do you consider a "4K" build? The only real difference from a nice gaming tower and 4k build is the monitor.

I'd replace it in pieces. The monitor should go quickly, in my surprising opinion, because it really is the weakest link here. The Q6600 is still a decent gaming CPU, and the 270X is a solid FPS card.

Is the PSU original to your PC? Because what you're describing sounds like a power supply that's getting ready to breathe its last. Honestly, if you're thinking 4K, you're going to have to spend a lot more than 600 Euros and replace pretty much everything, so take some of your budget and buy a really nice power supply now that'll take good care of your equipment and give you lots of overhead for overclocking. Here's the order I'd upgrade in:

1. Power supply

2. Monitor

3. GPU (for 4K you'll need at least a GTX 1070, ideally a GTX 1080)

4. CPU, motherboard, RAM

5. Whatever else is left in there that you don't want to reuse

Your GPU is still a solid 1080p option, although not for the newest AAA titles, and your CPU remains a surprisingly capable little gaming PC to this day. It's kind of like Intel's version of the Athlon X4 in that it refuses to go away.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Well I want to save up money, but I can spend this amount right away, can't see me burning a lot of money in the near future :-/

A little wait wouldn't hurt but it would be a shame if I can't use my GPU, because it's just a dust magnet right now.

Yes, I meant getting a 4K monitor and a System that can max out on settings, so a high end gaming pc ;-)

1 minute ago, Corn323 said:

Well I want to save up money, but I can spend this amount right away, can't see me burning a lot of money in the near future :-/

A little wait wouldn't hurt but it would be a shame if I can't use my GPU, because it's just a dust magnet right now.

Yes, I meant getting a 4K monitor and a System that can max out on settings, so a high end gaming pc ;-)

waiting 3 months is well worth it

You can do much much better for the money. This system will play Battlefield 1 much better than the one you posted, and it's cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€195.57 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€62.96 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€64.03 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€72.76 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC GAMING Video Card  (€211.02 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: be quiet! 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply 
Total: €606.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 02:44 CEST+0200

Tough call between the EVGA GTX 1060 3GB and the Sapphire Nitro RX 470 4GB at the same price though. 

Of course my post is assuming your power supply is still good. Maybe it's the culprit for your crashing and not the 270x? If you need a new psu you might consider something from Super Flower. I wish they sold directly in the US, they make really high quality units.

52 minutes ago, Corn323 said:

Hallo, I'm new here and came across this board through Youtube, (the 7 Gamers one PC) got my attention.

Since my current PC is already, approx., 8 years old (only switched from 8800GTX to HD6990), I tought of building a new PC.

I would keep my current PC as Media center / DJ "bitch"

I have one R9 270x GPU at home, but if I wanna use it, my current PC, running BF4 for 50 mins, will crash, so my next question is can I use this GPU, or would it be better to configure everything completely new.

1. Budget & Location

I wanna use the GPU I already have as mentioned, so I hoped for something in the 500-600€ Region, and yes I am from Europe.

I would love to stay in this range, because then the next PC would be a 4K system, or would it be better to buy such a thing immideatly

2. Aim

Mostly Gaming Battelfield, but also some video and photo editing, but only rarely.

3. Monitors

If needed will keep my Samsung 24" 1680*1050 or will upgrade it later, doesn't need to be considered, when going to 1080p.

4. Peripherals

Only would consider buying Windows 10

5. Why are you upgrading?

Because Gaming doens't make fun anymore on the current PC, especcially with BF1 coming.

Would also try overclocking.

So the list I already made, is a little bit to expensive for my taste, but I think it would be a bit overkill also.

And there is no copy for Windows included

Coudn't find the exact same components, but here are the PCpartpicker lists. I would buy a Windows copy also:

Intel: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/tjZfd6

AMD: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/BWtpKZ 

So the question is can I build a "decent" PC with that money or should I wait and buy a 4K system directly (in 1-2 Years?)

Thankyou for your help :-)

Hardware.PNG

My Config.PNG

With that mono you can't PC get a z170 type

8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

I'd replace it in pieces. The monitor should go quickly, in my surprising opinion, because it really is the weakest link here. The Q6600 is still a decent gaming CPU, and the 270X is a solid FPS card.

Is the PSU original to your PC? Because what you're describing sounds like a power supply that's getting ready to breathe its last. Honestly, if you're thinking 4K, you're going to have to spend a lot more than 600 Euros and replace pretty much everything, so take some of your budget and buy a really nice power supply now that'll take good care of your equipment and give you lots of overhead for overclocking. Here's the order I'd upgrade in:

1. Power supply

2. Monitor

3. GPU (for 4K you'll need at least a GTX 1070, ideally a GTX 1080)

4. CPU, motherboard, RAM

5. Whatever else is left in there that you don't want to reuse

Your GPU is still a solid 1080p option, although not for the newest AAA titles, and your CPU remains a surprisingly capable little gaming PC to this day. It's kind of like Intel's version of the Athlon X4 in that it refuses to go away.

No The PSU and the Mainboard are also changed, because of a lightning strike, but where not upgraded.

The PSU is a 600W Cooler Master. 

This my most favourable option for now, I will start with the Power supply and a better cooler for the CPU to overclock it a litte, because this would be the Boxed cooler i think (small and flat), and some new Vents to get the system silent again.

If that is not the trigger for the crash I still can change some other components. 

My only worry is that the CPU will be the bottleneck in my system, even with the R9 270x

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You can do much much better for the money. This system will play Battlefield 1 much better than the one you posted, and it's cheaper.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€195.57 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€62.96 @ Mindfactory) 
Memory: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€64.03 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€72.76 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC GAMING Video Card  (€211.02 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: be quiet! 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply 
Total: €606.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 02:44 CEST+0200

Tough call between the EVGA GTX 1060 3GB and the Sapphire Nitro RX 470 4GB at the same price though. 

Yes thats what I tought :-/

Thats why I wanted to ask you guys ;-) I always wanna get some more opinions in case I buy something like this.

8 hours ago, gtx1060=value said:

waiting 3 months is well worth it

Yes that should be possible, and in case the before mentioned steps work, it will be a little bit longer ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for reusing this topic, but it still fits in here.

So I went with the reccomedation of aisle9 and got a new PSU (Corsair RM650x, yeah I know it's a bit overkill, but since the original PSU was also 600W I thougt I would need it:/) and a Noctua CPU cooler (only 92mm because I feared a bigger one would not fit).

So installed everything an all went fine, have tried a little overclock (went to 2,8Ghz with my Q6600) and runs smootly on 2,7Ghz now.

Then I treid playing BF4 again and after 30 mins the Screen went black, and I had to resart my pc again, so the same issue as before, even with the new PSU. (adition: so played BF4 for 45 mins now with 2.7Ghz clockspeed and nothing happend (sound was going away though))

So my next consideration was that my GPU is faulty (Sapphire R9 270x) or this GPU just doesn't fit in my System -> Not anymore. 

So I stress tested my CPU and GPU at the same time with furark and Prime95 for about 40 mins, (with 2,8GHz on the CPU) and watched the Temps of my CPU with Core temp and MSI Afterburner, after those 40 mins they where at 71°C and I stopped it (I red in some forums that the max temp for Q6600 G0 is 71°C) but the system ran normally until this time.

Can it still be the GPU?

Otherwise I would rebuild my current pc to where it was (and use it as Internet /Music /record PC) and build a new one around the R9 270X (for the mean time).

So what I would have in the Current PC (after rebuilding):

Q6600 with the Noctua cooler 

Radeon HD6950 (instead of the R9 270x)

8GB of DDR2 Ram 

240GB SSD (Samsung) and 1 TB HDD

600W PSU from Cooler Master (would need to look for the exact typ but i ran fine with the HD6950)

Parts I have for use then: 

Corsair RM650x (still overkill)

R9 270x

So my questions are:

- Any other suggestions for the current rig?

otherwise

- Should I build a PC like this with below 300€ and use it (in a year or so) as steam maschine (and 4k Bluray player)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/FcdZcc

Where I would buy it it would be near 300€ so a little bit less ar on PCpartpicker

Which I would use for BF4 and BF1 for now, don't have much time for anything other :/

Or should it be better to go wtih a slightly better GPU? 

Maybe I would get some Outlet pieces from here:

https://www.alternate.de/Outlet/Hardware/Komponenten

Thanks for the Help so far, I really appreciated it. :)

PS: some funny thing, the Cinebenchscore at 2,7Ghz is at 257cb and at 2,8Ghz it's at around 200, how can it be that the faster timing performes worse o.O

PPS: Forgot to mention, I will buy a High end pc in a year from now, so i can use this PSU in that build and buy a lower Wattage PSU then for the suggested build in here (so that the cost of the system looks better ;))