Slow write times on ssd?

Cor

I bought a new Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB, it says that its supposed to get around 500mb write/read times. I get around 420 read, but only 124 write. Why?

10 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How old is it?

Is trim enabled?

What speeds do you get if you reformat it?

Tried reformatting, still the same. It's still very new, opened it today and tried it.

http://prntscr.com/cl52ab

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

the performance of the drive should not be unexpected at all

did you even read some reviews before buying it? http://techreport.com/review/28935/kingston-hyperx-fury-and-sandisk-ultra-ii-ssds-reviewed/

Yeah, kingston SSDs are horrible, idk why people even buy them anymore when there are clearly better brands that cost the same.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 hours ago, Enderman said:

Yeah, kingston SSDs are horrible, idk why people even buy them anymore when there are clearly better brands that cost the same.

bought it because it was a really good deal, and besides I've seen some reviews on amazon and saw some users achieving around 400mb write

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

the OCZ Trion 150 is better and if I recall, even cheaper

10 hours ago, zMeul said:

the OCZ Trion 150 is better and if I recall, even cheaper

got it for $30 haha, but anyways, is there even a way to get higher speeds on this thing? im probably buying a bigger better one in a couple of months, just got this one for the sake of trying ssd's for the first time

Just now, Cor said:

got it for $30 haha, but anyways, is there even a way to get higher speeds on this thing? im probably buying a bigger better one in a couple of months, just got this one for the sake of trying ssd's for the first time

no, what you see is what you get

in the end, for the home user, doesn't even really matter - you won't reach those speeds unless certain circumstances

10 hours ago, zMeul said:

no, what you see is what you get

in the end, for the home user, doesn't even really matter - you won't reach those speeds unless certain circumstances

I was copying around 65 gigs of games, but yeah i guess you're probably right, dont really need them that badly, was just wondering. oh well thanks 

16 minutes ago, Cor said:

I was copying around 65 gigs of games, but yeah i guess you're probably right, dont really need them that badly, was just wondering. oh well thanks 

Speeds differ depending on the type of file you copy.

If you want to know the max speed you need to use a benchmark such as crystaldiskmark.

Simply copying files will not give you the advertised results.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Speeds differ depending on the type of file you copy.

If you want to know the max speed you need to use a benchmark such as crystaldiskmark.

Simply copying files will not give you the advertised results.

i got 124 write on userbenchmark

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1731650

1 minute ago, Cor said:

i got 124 write on userbenchmark

No, don't use userbenchmark, use crystaldiskmark or atto.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Cor said:

Hm.

Is it set on AHCI in the bios?

Spoiler

Hm.

Is it set on AHCI in the bios?

No idea, if it is what do